• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - This might actually be a stupid question. Do you SKs use weapon stance?

RedCents
182¢
Been running sword & board with weapon stance enabled for as long as I can remember. Wondering if that's the main consensus for SKs, or if yall bust out the 2h weapon occasionally with weapon stance turned off?

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
13,373¢
Been running sword & board with weapon stance enabled for as long as I can remember. Wondering if that's the main consensus for SKs, or if yall bust out the 2h weapon occasionally with weapon stance turned off?
for my tanks, definitely ON - if i swap to 2h, it is because i want to do some big deeps

Sum1

Diehard is a christmas movie
RedCents
3,983¢
Why turn off weapon's stance? If you're gonna use the 2-hander, nut up and USE THE 2-HANDER!

.... for the record, I always sword/board because I'm pulling 3-6+ mobs at a time, usually. Also, shield block doesn't work without... you guessed it.... a shield equipped.

RedCents
413¢
Weapon stances remain enabled, even when swapping to 2hander. I see no reason to ever turn it off - it either adds defensive or offensive, there is no benefit to it being disabled.

RedCents
840¢
I for one click off 2hand stance when tanking with my 2hander. Yes I'm losing some of the dps but I'm losing far less mitigation then if I left stance on.

That being said I never disable the aa, I just remove the buff.

RedCents
450¢
Enabled and 2 Hander FTW! Sk's can parse amazing with 2 hander in and riposte. My Sk is right under my zerker in group content when he busts out the 2 hander. I may be biased as my AC is like 8k with a 2 hander in and I am always tanking 3-6 mobs. :mystery:

RedCents
9,402¢
Clicking it off is an interesting option.

I think setting up an auto-bandolier condition via KA "command" or mq2melee holy works well. Like Shield if you have 3+ Xtargets, Named or less than 50% health. Otherwise 2h. I also run a mq2melee down that swaps back to Shield for pulling, in case it's a bad pull.

RedCents
316¢
With 2H stance, you suppress all of the benefits of combat stability, so I could see an argument for clicking off the buff. Would need to parse how much dps you’re losing by doing that.

RedCents
316¢
Also lose something like 60% parry and 80% dodge...

vs

the 120% you gain in dps

so, you trade 120% dps increase (and your better ratio 2H weapon for loss of 60% parry and 80% dodge

*I think you lose your CS regardless of whether the buff is on or not, but someone correct me if I’m wrong

Saffron

RedCents
805¢
I leave them on. It just makes the choice of 2h or shield feel that much more deliberate. It also kind of gives you a bit of a warning while 2h. If your hp bar is bouncing around like crazy you are tanking mobs that you might want a shield for. If not than go nuts. Also, spire + epic + zombie mode is so much more fun 2 handed and stance buff.