• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Thinking about a return to EQ (1 Viewer)

route66

RedCents
160¢
Good day gents. Old timer EQ player looking to get back into the game now that I have retired. Was told by a friend to use MQ which I know nothing about. After some researching I am looking here. Not sure if I will play live or try an emulated server. Most likely the later. I see this has a subscription to use? Anyway I can try this out for a couple weeks to see if I like it and I can learn enough to feel comfortable paying the subscription rate? Cheers!

Been working all morning trying to get kissassist working right. My biggest issue atm is my assist toons are not following my main assist toon properly. There is lag time before they start following and they move little by little. I constantly have to stop and wait for them to catch up. Any ideas what is causing this?
Check out CWTN on Test server. Not as customizable as KissAssist (and it's not supposed to be) but much easier to use out of the box, little to no config updates (unless, for example, you don't want a druid or ranger casting sow when you have a shaman that's already put spirit of bih'li on everyone, or want casters to stay on mounts for med). Would recommend trying that and you can pick one class at a time to mess with KissAssist inis so you're not overwhelmed trying to get them all set up at once.

Sic also has some great guides on setting up hot buttons that make navigation/movement much easier. I linked a few here, but Sic has most of the latest/most beneficial linked in his signature block. It's definitely worth an hour or two to work through those, will save a lot of time/effort in game.

Welcome route66!

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Redcents are a real easy to be a member of the community. Easy to get enough for a sub!

Here are some new user vids that will help you.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome back! I have gifted you a sub, so you have an opportunity to check it out, use the loader, access to the Level 2 resources (specifically CWTN plugins where you can use them for free on the Test server), Macros, etc etc etc. Ask any questions you have, either here or in the Discord channel and we are more than happy to help!

welcome back! ill be honest id be done with EQ if it wasnt for this awesome community here. MQ has kept the spark going for me with this game. guess you can say its a game changer lol.

i know its mentioned on the site but please remember MQ is NOT endorsed by the creators of EQ and is considered a violation of there user agreements. you can be suspended and/or banned for using it. so be sure to remember that when around other players etc. Some EMUs allow mq which is a great place to start but they also are sometimes quite buggy compared to the actual game. TEST is a great option to introduce yourself to MQ as it is a live compatible server with some perks (double exp and a few other goodies) it is also free to use the paid MQ plugins as well so you can try them out to see if you like them etc.

i know when i started with MQ a little over a year ago it was quite daunting, dont be afraid to ask questions on the forums. the community here is awesome and extremely helpful .

Been working all morning trying to get kissassist working right. My biggest issue atm is my assist toons are not following my main assist toon properly. There is lag time before they start following and they move little by little. I constantly have to stop and wait for them to catch up. Any ideas what is causing this?

Good day gents. Old timer EQ player looking to get back into the game now that I have retired. Was told by a friend to use MQ which I know nothing about. After some researching I am looking here. Not sure if I will play live or try an emulated server. Most likely the later. I see this has a subscription to use? Anyway I can try this out for a couple weeks to see if I like it and I can learn enough to feel comfortable paying the subscription rate? Cheers!
Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Question - Thinking about a return to EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back