• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Think we've all been there (1 Viewer)

eqmzr06

RedCents
270¢
1612244495390.png

giphy.gif

I love it when you get in the /r "enter key" type message in wrong window, then you realize its not typing at all .... and you just spam /r /1 /g until it comes back !!

Ughhh...............

Without a doubt I have been there !

That's when mine wind up in general - when I set the hotkeys and click them to see if they work - of course my chat is general. I try to switch to group first if I can remember or something non public

Hotkeys ftw. Also, ensuring all windows set to Fellowship as the default. Because I too have done similar...
Def this. Not too long ago I was testing a social with a long multiline command with /if and conditions and I was missing the leading "/". So the whole line dropped into /say while I'm sitting in the guild hall. Luckily, I was far enough away from anyone else that I don't think it was received by another character. FYI, the range on /say is 100 units horizontal and 40 units vertical, I tested. I have since changed my default channel to fellowship.

A couple of weeks ago this appeared in general chat:

/bcaa //mac kissassist

That's my biggest fear, making the same type of mistake.

Honestly I don't think anyone minds anymore. At least not enough to even say anything about it.

I see line commands in general every few weeks. I recommend being a good neighbor and sending them a polite tell.
Most people aren't ever aware of their mistake.

Honestly I don't think anyone minds anymore. At least not enough to even say anything about it.

I see line commands in general every few weeks. I recommend being a good neighbor and sending them a polite tell.
Most people aren't ever aware of their mistake.

Hey if it's anything like my server you'll get some know it all jump in and say...no run it this way...or grammar check you

A couple of weeks ago this appeared in general chat:

/bcaa //mac kissassist

That's my biggest fear, making the same type of mistake.

ROFL !

I was trying to get SIC's /status to work, but since I use mostly RGMercs it just wouldn't work..

so /status kept popping up in /general about 6 times until someone sent me a tell

"Hey... you might want to ask SIC for some help !" "Stop spamming General Chat =P "

I have my chat default to say, but I have seen that before. But always a good laugh to watch people miss raid emotes cause of sticking to a mob or not stop dpsing a mob when told

ROFL !

I was trying to get SIC's /status to work, but since I use mostly RGMercs it just wouldn't work..

so /status kept popping up in /general about 6 times until someone sent me a tell

"Hey... you might want to ask SIC for some help !" "Stop spamming General Chat =P "
we absolutely do not output mq2status to general chat.

/status outputs directly to your eqbc or your mq2dannet - so if you have some other alias that you setup with /status then that is purely unrelated to mq2status - but yes 100% mq2status does not output to any regular channels including general chat or say. unless you have your eqbc or mq2dannet to then forward messages to a specific channel - which again is not mq2status.

if RG mercs uses a /status alias - you might want to talk with those folks.

I use only RGMercs and I use Sic's mq2status all the time
OK, thats great news, I really am going to dig further into this plugin and get it working !

@Sic.

The Spamming was me typing /status /status LOL
I was looking for it and I always start typing it into the EQBC window, but for some reason I just never have been able to get it to work. I see you reference KA and Chats plugins so I figured that was that.

I do use KA and might be trying out some of Chats , but trying not to turn this game into a Small Business :)

OK, thats great news, I really am going to dig further into this plugin and get it working !

@Sic.

The Spamming was me typing /status /status LOL
I was looking for it and I always start typing it into the EQBC window, but for some reason I just never have been able to get it to work. I see you reference KA and Chats plugins so I figured that was that.

I do use KA and might be trying out some of Chats , but trying not to turn this game into a Small Business :)
if you try and load mq2status and you already have a /status alias created it should tell you that you have one

Which is in the mq2status FAQ
that is not mq2status that created that alias.
1612389578300.png

if you /status /status with mq2status - again to be clear - it does not output to any channels like your general chat.

Funny - Think we've all been there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back