• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - The newest thing off my 3D printer (1 Viewer)

dulak

RedCents
784¢
Decided to try my hand at printing a lower face mask. Turned out pretty good. I bought the design off of myminifactory. I ordered some new filament and will be reprinting it soon. Red is such a pain to try and paint over.

Attachments

• 20230327_074528.jpg
    20230327_074528.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230327_074519.jpg
    20230327_074519.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230327_074510.jpg
    20230327_074510.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Here in Texas, they are pulling out all the stops on 3D Printing homes....

Crazy... I want to know the longevity close to the beach along the gulf coast.

-Taz

$400k is not even that expensive for a 3d printed house. 30 year old houses in germany usually start at $600k...

ok, well 30 year old houses in Houston, Texas can be well over ten million depending on where in Houston your looking... but I'm wondering about 3D printed houses, specifically the longevity of "3D printed" homes near the coast in Texas. Pretty sure 3D printing technology was not around 30 years ago. What part of Germany are you referring to these 3D houses? Sure homes cost a lot in Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin or even Nuremberg... but their not 30 year old 3D printed homes.

ok, well 30 year old houses in Houston, Texas can be well over ten million depending on where in Houston your looking... but I'm wondering about 3D printed houses, specifically the longevity of "3D printed" homes near the coast in Texas. Pretty sure 3D printing technology was not around 30 years ago. What part of Germany are you referring to these 3D houses? Sure homes cost a lot in Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin or even Nuremberg... but their not 30 year old 3D printed homes.

I am not referring to 3D printed houses in germany at all, but their somewhat "low" price compared to older houses in general.

I see no problem in longevity, even near coasts. 3D printing technology is used to produce components that have to withstand high temperatures, pressure or persistent moisture.

400k is cheap. I've seen hurricane damaged homes here with no roof for more than that. Building a house here is crazy expensive.

Decided to try my hand at printing a lower face mask. Turned out pretty good. I bought the design off of myminifactory. I ordered some new filament and will be reprinting it soon. Red is such a pain to try and paint over.
@Redbot y u so hard to paint over?!

It was around, but in it's early stages 40 years ago. The tech for it has come a long way since then. If you ever watched the movie Small Soldiers, you see the early stages of resin 3D printing and they are indeed actually printing using that method, that part of the movie (shows it in the beginning) wasn't CGI.

1680105925722.png

IRL - The newest thing off my 3D printer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back