• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The results are in, 🎆🎉🎆 congratulations 🎆🎉🎆 to all the authors in the 3rd Annual "EverQuest Software Awards"!

The MQ2Docrack Megathread (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
56,993¢
Re: MQ2DoCrack question

I am merging all threads having to do with MQ2Docrack into this one.

What is MQ2docrack?
It's basically a replacement for GHU in that it lets you run offsets. GHU has some tricky problems running in windowsXP, and MQ2docrack has proven much easier. Whenever you see offsets posted here, you know they are for MQ2docrack. To put your own offsets into mq2docrack, just open up mq2docrack.ini (with notepad) in macroquest's release folder and paste them in.

For more on MQ2docrack, please see the guide: EQ Underground in the guides section.

Remember that you need to know how to compile Macroquest2 before using MQ2docrack. If this sounds hard, please see this thread:
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=29

Last edited:

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
56,993¢
Re: MQ2DoCrack question

Remember that the .ini file in the guide will be out of date, it has to be updated with the newest offsets. I think the newest offsets are here in the "Warp" thread.

Last edited:

Borys212

RedCents
Error-No INI key found

I'm trying to run MQ2DoCrack and I keep getting this error-"No INI key found for showspells, aborting". I tried some others that I k new were in there and got the same message. On entering in /mq2docrack list I get simple message "error".

I don't see anything in the ReadMe about it or mentioned in the troubleshooting section. MQ2 itself seems to be running fine. Anyone have any problems with this?

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
56,993¢
Re: Error-No INI key found

In the folder that contains your macroquest2.exe, do you have a file called "mq2docrack.ini" ? If you have one named "mq2docrack.ini.bak" rename it to "mq2docrack.ini"

Borys212

RedCents

You were right about the file name. I changed it, reloaded mq2 and EQ, and upon trying it out I get a message "Date descrepency found, not changing memory".

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
56,993¢

Ah ok, sounds like more mq2docrack.ini problems. Try opening up the mq2docrack.ini (with notepad) and changing the dates on the hacks. For example:

[EnviroFall]
Description="No Fall + No Enviro"
Version="2004.12.16"
address0=48DC91
normal0="55 8D AC"
crack0="C2 14 00"

You'd change the bold line to Version="2004.12.17"

Either that, or remove the Version line altogether, like this:

[EnviroFall]
Description="No Fall + No Enviro"
address0=48DC91
normal0="55 8D AC"
crack0="C2 14 00"

Borys212

RedCents

I removed the version date entirely and it works fine now. Thanks alot for the help Red.

Jumjum5

RedCents
Docrack question

When I do /docrack envirofall on or I do /docrack nostun on..etc.. it says "Date discrepency found, not changing memory. What does this mean? can someone help plz i am a computer idiot hehe.

eqlover

RedCents
Re: Docrack question

If you look at your INI file you will see entries like this one. What that message means is that the date in the entry does not match the date of the eqgame.exe. That usually means that your INI file is out of date and the offsets need to be updated.

[EnviroFall]
Description="NoFall + No Enviro (by Psychotik)"
Version="2004.10.13"
address0=48972B
normal0="55 8B EC"
crack0="C2 14 00"

Unknownlegend

RedCents
15¢
hello how exactly do i start useing things like eqcrack and other things like it

hello how exactly do i start useing eq trainers like ghu and things like that i could never figure it out and do i need another program to use it ? sorry but it all seems rather hard to me =/ but ghu seems the easyest. thank you for any help you can provide=)

Jumjum5

RedCents
Re: Docrack question

Ok so where can I get the updated version of them? Or do I have to change stuff manually?

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Docrack (Offset to let you stay in unflagged zone)

I heard there was an offset to let you stay in an unflagged zone after the 3 minute warning time is up. Anyone heard/seen this?

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
56,993¢
Re: Docrack (Offset to let you stay in unflagged zone)

darkeros said:
I heard there was an offset to let you stay in an unflagged zone after the 3 minute warning time is up. Anyone heard/seen this?
Hrm that sounds like a very interesting offset but I really doubt it exists I mean isn't all of that stuff held server-side an

OH WHAT IS THIS

[unflagged]
Description="Hang out in zones without a flag"
Version="2004.12.17"
address0=4542CF
normal0="75 38"
crack0="EB 38"

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
i haven't been able to figure out how to use those programs to get docrack working...if anyone could tell me how to use those, then I'll take that info and make a guide to setting up mq2 and docrack for free

eqlover

RedCents
The command line build process will build all the standard MQ2 plugins. If you have additional plugins to build, you prepare the plugin folder as normal (mkplugin, enter the C++ code, etc.). Next, simply CD in to the plugin directory and run nmake. This will build the plugin and leave it in the Release folder.
That did not help?

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
No, because you have to do a lot more than that with docrack. There's a few extra parts to docrack that involve using .net. It would seem they can be done with the c++ toolkit, but I'm not familiar with it so I wouldn't know where to begin.

It would seem zedmix is gone? so I'm trying to figure this out and write up a guide so future users here can do this for free themselves.

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
What I have done so far:

1.) Copied the mq2docrack.ccp code using notepad.

2.) Made an mq2docrack.ini using notepad from the only mq2docrack.ini I have been able to find searching their boards...I keep seeing people post saying you can find the mq2docrack.ini in their boards(even on this one) but upon searching I never see any code or file named mq2docrack.ini. Maybe you can clear this up, Redbot? It seems someone is leaving out a bit of info for the completely uneducated on this one.

3.) Made the mq2docrack.h file from the first post on the mq2docrack thread on their forums, using notepad.

4.) Made a bytehandler.h file using notepad, but never found any code/file with this name on it, so it is empty.

5.) I did execute nmake using the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003, upon which it went through some operations and I ended up with some new files in the mq2docrack folder, along with these new files in the release folder of the main macroquest folder:

MQ2Docrack.dll
MQ2Docrack.exp
MQ2Docrack.lib
MQ2Docrack.pdb
MQ2Docrack.ini ( I copied this to the release folder.right thing to do, or useless?)

6.) Above, when I executed nmake, it was before I changed/made/downloaded any files...I just did what the thread on setting up mq2 for free said and made the folder, then went in and did "mkplugin myplugin". After doing that, I came to my senses and realized that the plugin wouldnt just make itself and then found all the other info about making the .ini's, etc.

7.) After realizing I had since changed all those files and that at this point...without any more help or without obtaining visual studio.net I would not be able to continue I decided to try nmake again with all those files created and the code put in. Upon doing nmake in the mq2docrack directory, I got this error message:

"Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

cl.exe /nologo /Zp1 /Zi /MT /W3 /GX /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WIND
OWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "CINTERFACE" /YX /Fo".\Intermediate\\" /Fd".\Int
ermediate\\" /FD /c "MQ2Docrack.cpp"
MQ2Docrack.cpp
c:\Macroquest\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(31) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h':
No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop."

Maybe someone can look at this and get something out of it, but I cannot.

I have attempted to provide all information that could help anyone help me/us. If you can make something out of this and possibly help us poor people who can't buy vs.net, your generosity would be appreciated.

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Figured out I get the same error message as above when executing nmake on any plugin. I tried doing it with mq2twist just to test and got the same error.

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
I found the problem I was having...I wasn't doing these steps everytime I made a new plugin:

1.Type "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\SetEnv.Bat" (with the quotes) to load the SDK settings required for the compiler to find the header files and libraries. It targets a DEBUG build on my system, but it works.

2.Change (CD) to the directory in to which you extracted MQ2 source.

3.Type set COMPILER=7 to tell the MQ2 build process that you are using a .NET compiler.

That cleared it up, however I still get errors with docrack, but I will be checking on those more in depth shortly.

Jumjum5

RedCents
I looked at the updated offsets for docrack and they match the ones i have but for some reason it keeps saying Date discrepency not found, not changing memory. Any idea why?

eqlover

RedCents
Check to make sure the date is correct. I have it in bold here. To be very sure look at the date on your eqgame.exe. If you play on a PvP server or Non-US server it may be different.

[unflagged]
Version="2004.12.17"
address0=4542CF
normal0="75 38"
crack0="EB 38"

Borys212

RedCents
I had this problem too and I fixed it by deleting the entire line with the version. Haven't had a problem since.

sledge34

RedCents
Im getting No InI key found for some of the and Date discrepency found, not changing memory for the rest. The version Im using at the moment is 2004.12.17. Thanks for any help in advance.

Sledge

Last edited:

Ranik

RedCents
For those of you compiling MQ2 Docrack yourselves and are getting a date check error.... Please read...

Your date checking function is amiss... does not account for December. It *sees* December OK in the actual build of the date string, but when checking for a valid month ID, it stops at November.

In MQ2DoCrack.cpp, function BOOL CDoCrack::DateCheck(PCHAR szApp):

old:
Code:

for (i=1;i<12;i++)
{
if (!strcmp(szClient[0],szMonth))
d=i;
}

new:
Code:

for (i=1;i<=12;i++)
{
if (!strcmp(szClient[0],szMonth))
d=i;
}

hamburgerhelper

RedCents
161¢
No Cracks whatsoever on my Docrack.. I just compiled my docrack from the instructions on Forever-Hack cause the link in the underground guide would not allow me to download it.

Please someone help

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
714¢
I was having problems with the date discrepency. Changed it the 2004.12.17 and 16 didnt help so I removed the line still not working ... do you have to restart MQ2?

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
I've gotten pretty much everything else to work for docrack plugin using the C++ 2005 Beta

except when I try to compile mq2main or docrack, it comes up with error:

Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory

Any ideas?

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
figured out what it was...had to copy the sdk files from the file in my "compile mq2 for free" guide and copy the include folder to the c++ 2005 beta folder...

However, mq2main still had errors and mq2docrack errors as well..I give up. I've tried for almost 3 weeks now to get this to work with no luck.

Easy_Moder

RedCents
Does the offset to let you in unflagged zones still work? If so, where do I cut and paste the code?
[unflagged]
Version="2004.12.17"
address0=4542CF
normal0="75 38"
crack0="EB 38"
Thanks.

Ranik

RedCents
This offset is no longer valid.... as of the backflagging change, if you try to /zone to a zone you are not flagged for, CTD....

*shakes fist* at sony

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Does anyone have an updated noflag offset to add to the docrack.ini?

I haven't tried to /zone into a zone I'm not flagged for, but will try tomorrow and see how it turns out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)