• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - The Burning Lands (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,739¢

Is the thrill gone? Eve of newest expansion release and I don't see any thread on it. I currently only have my main account (warrior) on all access and it's the only one with a pre-order. I mean, seriously......a rock garden? Why would that motivate anyone to pre-order, especially for multiple accounts. I will play just to AA out my warrior and probably get 7 other accounts up to TBL in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda bummed by the lack of infoz too. this is the first time i've ever skipped the preorder and i don't know if that's a good sign or not. i've been layed up for far too long recovering from some injuries and couldn't sit at my desktop to play, but i kept checking for discussion on tbl on forums and what not and kept coming up with nothing. i assume the beta forums have some discussion that i'm not privy too, but i thought there would be some chat somewhere. i'm also guessing that discord chat has a lot of info that i miss out on. still interested to see what tomorrow brings. excited? not sure if that's accurate but i will force my way into general chat and see what people have to say.

So far anything positive I have heard has been drowned out by required progression similar to TDS.

That and the Luck stat. A lot of raiders I know are Pissed, with a capital P.

will luck have parseable benefits? not for epeen swagger but being the difference between progressing and not? i'm interested in those questions. it's going to be a brutal kick right in the junk if a raider needs multiple drops of the same item to min/max.

if tradeskill armor is the best for grouping, am i going to make a 5 sets of druid bracers to max out my luck? on every slot? yikes.

Based on the people I have talked to about luck, it does have parsable benefits. Many have argued the benefits are too good to ignore which makes it even more depressing.

Also, as for Chase Loot..... Apparently it's not even raid equivilent in stats, according to a post from the guy at EQresource. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/chase-items-in-tbl.253126/#post-3723273

I'm not sure if he is right or if that's true, just what I have heard.

I see this expac as a por type , it wasn't much but then who knows what next year will bring,
I think they are at point where they should start looking for a interested buyer soon as they don't have much left to cut to show profit and typically if a company's product isn't showing growth every year , its sold off in the investment world.
Sad really because folks keep getting jobs there nerfing changing things then they are gone and we are left with their bad choices. it is a shell of what it once was , as far as claims they have stripped away all the old claims on new accounts , why that stuff was just fun fluff.
if they resold collectors edition stuff from previous expacs id buy it . if they made things more in line with prices they charge on eq2 i think they would do better, why does bags in eq1 cost 45 dollars yet like 5 bucks on eq2?

mule posted something yesterday with a quote from ngreth that the chase loot is a copy of ros raid loot. and i think the post also said (it was on beta forums so i didn't read it) that ngreth just added this chase loot on the 6th (!) of this month.

I dont know, but I've never been a fan of releasing expansions right before Xmas when I have to buy Xmas gifts for people, and have to spend $$$ on a new expansion for -- accounts.

I signed for beta and only stepped in there one time sadly. I mean snails...really? I guess we shall see though. Usually lots of oh...what shall we call them, exploits at the beginning of new expansions.

Ha! Remember when the chase loot was dropping everytime you ran a certain couple of instances for a few weeks at the beginning of >

GOOD "LUCK" PEOPLE! (you see what I dun there)

AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHERS!

26qpv7.jpg

Locking zones behind TDS style progression sucks... I didn’t bother doing that progression until like last year.

I will miss the first few weeks to few months because of a military move and some time with fam over the holidays, which is kind of a bummer, but that’s okay. You guys don’t wait up for me! Exploit all those fun exploits!

Can someone explain the luck stat a bit and why people are saying you have to make the same bracer or item x5?

Can someone explain the luck stat a bit and why people are saying you have to make the same bracer or item x5?

Say an item starts with 1 Luck

You have to farm an additional version of that item and combine the two items in Crystallized Luck (bought from Loyalty vendor for 1000 Crowns or I think real vendors too for like 200k .... Or from DBG store) to increase your Luck to 2.

This is where I get confused cause I ahvent paid much attention to this expansion. But I think you need to keep combining them 1 at a time to increase your Luck by 1 each time. Or what you need to do is farm 4 items, combine two of them together separately so each has 2 luck then combine the items with 2 luck to get 3 luck.

I forget which of those two ways you need to do it, but I do you need to combine the same item together multiple times to increase luck.

non vis items (except t1 group) have a luck stat. it's rolled randomly on creation, drop, or at ngreth's command. who knows. the value is 1 to 5. again, it's random. you can combine 2 of the same item together with a regent that costs dbc, loyalty points or platinum (you pick). the item then combines the 2 luck scores to create a new item. it's not simple math, however. 2+2 does not equal 4. 2+2 = 3. the higher of the 2 items plus 1 is the new value. max luck is 5, so if you were ... lucky ... you wouldn't have to farm items to create a max luck item. there is a cap on luck and it will be visible on the ui so you can see where you are at and all that.

i've probably misrepresented all of this so hopefully somebody smarter comes along and fills in the blanks. it seems like the luck stat can apply to nearly every check the game makes, so i'm curious as to how this all shakes out.

I dont know, but I've never been a fan of releasing expansions right before Xmas when I have to buy Xmas gifts for people, and have to spend $$$ on a new expansion for -- accounts.

I have a lot of presents to buy, had to repair my car, no dental insurance and had to pay for some major dental work and not really that exited about the expansion anyway so not really a good idea to get 6+ accounts the latest expac + make them gold for a month or two. Also, never really played RoS much, so will just do that since 14 of my accounts already have it. I think it will be January at best, but more likely February before I have a group running in TBL.

And I am actually looking forward to doing the progression. What I liked about locked zones in TDS is the last couple zones had very little traffic.

Wow. If that is the direction they are taking then Ros is probably my last expansion. The game is already pay to win in a lot of aspects and this change will really push that concept even more. I bet the alternatives to dbg cash are many many hours of work -- just like a pay to win mobile game.
I miss the old days when games did not try to extract maximum amount of profit from you.

How are the zones? Any FM-sized ones that can actually sustain multiple groups over long distances? I kept hearing early in the beta that the zones were small, especially the starting zone.

Wow. If that is the direction they are taking then Ros is probably my last expansion. The game is already pay to win in a lot of aspects and this change will really push that concept even more. I bet the alternatives to dbg cash are many many hours of work -- just like a pay to win mobile game.
I miss the old days when games did not try to extract maximum amount of profit from you.

And you’ve articulated why I use MQ2. It you force me to spend 8 hours at a computer to farm one item to increase my “luck” by one, I’m gonna fucking do that afk so that when I’m actually at the screen i can do shit like the progression.

And you’ve articulated why I use MQ2. It you force me to spend 8 hours at a computer to farm one item to increase my “luck” by one, I’m gonna fucking do that afk so that when I’m actually at the screen i can do shit like the progression.
Yeah that's probably how I will go down. I will eventually not give two shits on getting banned and subsequently be much less risk averse.

There's been lots and lots of negativity in this thread with "Oh they haven't done anything useful, blah blah blah". Dude. /faction. EPIC. If that had been tied to the xpac, it would have been worth the cost of admission *by itself*. BUT DBG screwed up and gave it to everyone as part of a normal patch. It looks fantastic, too. BUT people will still complain. Just a little perspective is what I'm asking. The faction window absolutely shows devs still have tricks up their sleeves and still care about this game despite being on slave wages. I'd absolutely love to see more content, more All of the Things. But to make a blanket statement of across the board negativity is unfair. Just asking for a little perspective when doing your evaluation.

I did some digging through spells. It looks like everyone gets a dicho upgrade. The interesting part is if you have done enough TDS profession to get level 3 upgrade it is the EXACT same as the new spells

I am hoping to see decent upgrades to be able to run my boxed group through end of empire one day. I have not figured that one out yet

EOK is 2 expansions behind now. TS Gear is way better though but its no trade and you have to go camp the final combine. Also the ultra rare drops are ROS raid gear copies so the heroics weapon ratios ac will all be better than group gear.

EOK is 2 expansions behind now. TS Gear is way better though but its no trade and you have to go camp the final combine. Also the ultra rare drops are ROS raid gear copies so the heroics weapon ratios ac will all be better than group gear.

What's the combine like? Do you need Tier 2 group gear to make the Tier 3 TS stuff?

well i have tried to get into this expac tonite , very little direction in game of what ta fuq you are supposed to do , quest mobs without brackets so you have no clue what to say if you dont look it up , then there is the fact that mission bugged with 3 still up who instantly kill you on zone in because they put the zone in too close to the mobs ... cool expac .. not , its a nightmare to /fol and so far it hasnt been anything amusing ... just imho. 3 or 4 mobs that hit like trucks is fun .... i mean destroyed a casual ts geared toon max aa in seconds , can do named all day in overthere with this same toon but here a white smokes him or 2 blues he is done.

Is the Luck stat so important as to make TBL group gear more crucial to get than keeping EoK or RoS raid non-vis items?

Is the Luck stat so important as to make TBL group gear more crucial to get than keeping EoK or RoS raid non-vis items?

I think it depends on class and slot. And more EOK raid gear vs. the best (now trade skilled) group non visible. Seems like 800 more hp/Mana and more AC vs 35 vs 26 focus. Plus of course the intangible effect of the luck stat on one piece of gear.

If properly tuned, the ROS raid gear should still be better than the best TBL group (given ulra rare ROS raid gear clones are the new chase loot, this makes sense).

In short, not sur, but probably time to upgrade from EOK raid to best TBL group as you can.

I bought the expansion on 1 toon just to check out Beta, I am unsure when I will buy it for my other toons. This expansion has:

1) zero new AA's
2) very few upgrades to existing AA"s
3) 4-5 spell upgrades of existing Broken Mirror spells (with the every so slightest dps bump on them)
4) Tradeskill gear is Prestige, meaning you willl have to sub all your accounts if you want to use it.

here is how i got it done i zoned in with rezzer dropped off the cliff then after aggro dropped i invised up and pulled corpses as far back to the left of quest giver "looking at mobs" as i could gewt then rezzed and tried it again , only way i could figure out doing it .

Discussion - The Burning Lands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back