• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - text displaying on main chat vs MQ window (1 Viewer)

Solution
this means you have the mq2chat plugin loaded that makes mq chat also go to the main chat window

/plugin mq2chat unload

to make it stop.
RedCents
10¢
I have never seen this before. Boxing 5 toons, always in instanced zones. Got my toons in the instance, fired up MQNext and what!!!! All my commands (I don't use buttons, pretty much type commands), and plugin output (for example MQ2Autoforage: Keeping yadayaday) going to Main Chat window in addition to plugin window. Definitely DO NOT want this. Any idea what's up?

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
23,352¢
if you want the mq2 chat wnd you need to load and use mq2chatwnd

/plugin mq2chatwnd load

and unload mq2chat if you don't want mq2 chat to go into the regular eq window

/plugin mq2chat unload

RedCents
191¢
I did a fresh install of MQ today on my Mac (parallels) and I have two console windows (Legacy and the new MQ Console). Any idea why both are showing up and can I get rid of the Legacy one?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-26 113617.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-26 113617.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 2

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
23,352¢
I did a fresh install of MQ today on my Mac (parallels) and I have two console windows (Legacy and the new MQ Console). Any idea why both are showing up and can I get rid of the Legacy one?
if you want the mq2 chat wnd you need to load and use mq2chatwnd

/plugin mq2chatwnd load

and unload mq2chat if you don't want mq2 chat to go into the regular eq window

/plugin mq2chat unload

Users who are viewing this thread