• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Testing conditions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
616¢
I've been trying to get better at developing conditions, but I can't figure out how to test the conditions properly. I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I can use echo to output information from the object hierarchy. For example
INI:
/echo ${Group.MainTank.PctHPs
will output "100" (an actual percentage).

However, if I try to evaluate an expression, like this
INI:
/echo ${Group.MainTank.PctHPs} < 25
will output "100 < 25" as opposed to outputting the actual evaluation that I would like which should be "false".

Is there a way to test these expressions in conditions without just adding them to the kissassist .ini and then hoping they work? I've looked at the ChatWithThisName guide here (Guide 1), but it doesn't mention how to test the code expressions.

Solution
I've been trying to get better at developing conditions, but I can't figure out how to test the conditions properly. I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

INI:

INI:
will output "100 < 25" as opposed to outputting the actual evaluation that I would like which should be "false".

Is there a way to test these expressions in conditions without just adding them to the kissassist .ini and then hoping they work? I've looked at the ChatWithThisName guide here (Guide 1), but it doesn't mention...

INI:

INI:

Is there a way to test these expressions in conditions without just adding them to the kissassist .ini and then hoping they work? I've looked at the ChatWithThisName guide here (Guide 1), but it doesn't mention how to test the code expressions.
use the macroquest expression evaluator

control+`
1663711165497.png

1663711307574.png

you will want to use either ${Bool[condition]}

or if you're just wanting to type stuff and not use the expression evaluator you need to /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 25) /echo True
you can also use ${If for an if/else

Solution

control+`
View attachment 42014

View attachment 42017

or if you're just wanting to type stuff and not use the expression evaluator you need to /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 25) /echo True
Thanks Sic! That's exactly what I was looking for. Either solution will work perfectly.

control+`
View attachment 42014

View attachment 42017

I am kinda of challenged. I have no idea how this Macro Expression Evaluator applies to the software.

Macros like KissAssist and MuleAssist have conditions that get evaluated to decide whether to perform some action. like a condition whether to cast a heal might check if the target is below some % HP. A condition to use an AOE might check the number of mobs on XTarget.

Macro expression evaluator is a window that lets you enter macro expressions and see what they resolve to when MQ evaluates them. So, if you wanted to test a condition you might use for KA or MA, you could plug it in there and see if it has the sort of result you expect.

Question - Testing conditions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back