• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The results are in, 🎆🎉🎆 congratulations 🎆🎉🎆 to all the authors in the 3rd Annual "EverQuest Software Awards"!

Question - Test Server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
909¢
I know there is a test server. I have never used it. Would anyone be willing to explain why it is useful? And how to use it? I see people talking about switching characters to it, does one get to keep gear, etc when you switch back? How do you switch a toon to it?

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
14,067¢
I know there is a test server. I have never used it. Would anyone be willing to explain why it is useful? And how to use it? I see people talking about switching characters to it, does one get to keep gear, etc when you switch back? How do you switch a toon to it?
test server has increased xp gain, and you get "free all access" so you don't have to krono/gold your toons to use prestige items.

you can /testcopy a live toon over to test - but you can not move them back from test to live

RedCents
81¢
The reason it exists is to provide a testing ground for new updates, we do what we can, without test server live would be at the mercy of so many more unfixed bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)