• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Teleport anchors and Pocket Guild's (1 Viewer)

revloki42

RedCents
61¢
with 10 accounts you can make a guild and have the right to place a guild hall in a neighborhood, this can be handy even if your mains are already in an established guild.
most active guild halls tend to be fairly full, decorations and etc. and done right with multiple accounts you can wind up with quite a few anchors.

Primary and Secondary Anchors can be purchased with loyalty points, Primary's can also be purchased with DB cash
with both of these Anchor Packages each class gets an anchor that can be placed in player housing or guild halls, as well as a clickable item that teleports to that anchor assuming that you have it placed somewhere, porting classes get additional spells to gate/teleport to the anchors.

Guild Hall Anchors can be purchased by DRU/WIZ using loyalty points, with the Guild Hall Anchor you get the anchor, as well as teleport spells for the anchor, additionally there is an AA line to cast without having to stop and mem the spell.
these anchors can only be placed in neighborhood Guild Halls

what i have set up is a standard modest guild hall that can be purchased from the housing vendor, as well as the standard assortment of merchants etc, and in the larger room is a guild regeneration pool sized up to the largest circle the effect makes, circling the pool are the anchors for all of my characters as well as the useful NPC's such as vendor, banker etc, guild hall anchors go in the center of the pool. this allows me to port the group straight up to the pocket hall, catch a buff from a waiting shaman, sell bank offload to the shaman who also runs a trader in offline mode 99% of the time.

also handy are a couple social buttons, one to tell everyone in the group to click on their personal anchor device, as well as a similar one to click on the campfire.

this allows us to port out to the pocket hall, buff, regen, restock pet weapons etc and then click back to our camp in a matter of a minute or less depending on what needs to be done, this also allows for a safe and relatively less memory intensive location to gather given that i'm currently running off a laptop and 6 accounts pushes the resources of this little machine to the limits, i used to just campfire the shaman out to the field but this method tends to be faster and less likely to tax computer resources, this also allows for a secondary long term buffer such as a shaman to remain capped at 110 and be handy for buffs even if your main group is off in anything not available ftp.

the other benefit especially in the case of limited memory resources and using a porter class in the group, the porter can run out and bind as close to the camp as possible, click their anchor device and meet the waiting buffed up group (buffs do not decay in guild halls, same as the lobby) and then teleport bind the group to the camp, or one short zone transition away in most cases.

one special note, generally main characters will be in an active guild, you can still use this however of course an alternate will have to maintain leadership of the pocket guild, and at least 10 accounts do have to keep membership in it to maintain the hall, however any character tagged to a main guild can still access 99% of the services as long as they are listed on the property as having access (i tend to make then co-owners or trustees), as long as they are on the access list the only items unavailable to use are the guild bank NPC's, and honestly that's a null or minor issue at best

although it's not a use case i use much another handy use assuming your campfire is not in the best place you can port up after a wipe, buff, regen (the guild pool speeds this up) and then all click back to the fire and hopefully not get chewed up in the zone transition as not every character will load as quickly, this allows you to rest/rebuff in a safe place, while still maintaining a hold on your current camp wherever that may be, of special note you want to make sure that you have not enabled campfires, or click back to camp in KISS if you use it as it will destroy the current camp and make a new one in the guild hall, or worse decide your are "ready" to get back to work and be off before everyone else is, this can lead to extra deaths, whenever porting up for a fresh set of buffs/pet toys it's always best to use a /bcga //mqp command before you port to the hall, and then wait until after returning to camp to resume either by manually unpausing each character (recommended, avoids lag issues and toons missing the resume command), or by sending a group pause command again once you are certain everyone has loaded back into the zone

the other thing about maintaining a pocket guild is if you are a tradeskilller you get a full set of guild toolboxes to use, and can place where they best fit your needs, as well as bankers etc, this allows you to stand in one spot, and have all the tools right there, as well as provides a quite and safe place for mules etc to stand by and hand you materials. plus it is also additional "player housing" and can be decorated to suit your needs, with plenty of item space as it's a building designed for a larger numebr of people, i beleive the modest hall holds 1500, more if you add a storage crate

Keep in mind that F2P accounts have different rights on Guild stuff than paying accounts do. F2P cannot place an anchor in the guild hall so I set up a stable on the plot next to my guild hall with stalls in it and put those anchors in there.

F2P cannot see items in the guild hall to interact with them so they cannot pull items out or put them in.

This is where those 10 alts come in and buy 3 plots each (30 total) and fill them with rent free loyalty housing to hold even MORE dang tradeskills, collectables and armor. :doh: And the F2P can put anchors in a house/plot and interact.

Strategy - Teleport anchors and Pocket Guild's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back