• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Targetting a BST pet (1 Viewer)

datadog

RedCents
So I'm trying to work out how to target my BST's pet with my buffing and healing bots.

/target pet

will target the nearest pet, which may or may not belong to the person who's pet I want to target.

/target "Fred`s Warder"

targets fred

I've figured out I can get the spawn ID by manually targetting the pet, and /echo ${Target.ID}, which will print the spawn ID in the MQ window.

Then I can /target ID 12345 (where 12345 is the spawn ID of the bst pet)

This is an obvious pain, mainly because the spawn ID changes every time you zone.

Anyway, there is some very obvious stupid thing I'm missing, but I'm obviously too tired/stupid to figure it out.

Li'l help ?

I havn't tried /tar warder. Seems like it would target the nearest warder and not a specific players warder.

/tar ${Me.Pet} works if Im targetting my own pet.

What I'm trying to solve is having say my bot cleric target a specific players warder so he can heal or buff him/her/it.

effectively Im looking for

/tar "Fred`s Warder"

Unfortunately, this targets Fred, not his warder. I'm sure the is a way to do this.

EDIT:
I think i figured this out.

/target Fred
/target ${Target.Pet}

Thanks for the clue Odessa. So simple.. =)

Thanks again,

For the macro im working on the two line version:

/target pc ${Player} ($Player passed to the sub)
/target ${Target.Pet}

This is more flexible than:

/target npc ${Player}

Only because the top one works with any pet/class, wheras the second only works with BST.

You definitely answered my questions Odessa, I just asked the wrong question. What I was looking for was a method to consistently target a particular players pet, regardless of their class. Beastlords present a problem because of their unusual naming schemes. I think i've figured it out.

Thanks again!

dd

Targeting a PC player is not necessary to target their pet. Pet is a subset of the Spawn TLO. You can simple add .Pet to your spawn search for the player to get their pet...

So lets say I'm trying to target the pet of JoeBob. Heres the difference between the player search and their pet.

/target id ${Spawn[pc JoeBob].ID} - Targets JoeBob
/target id ${Spawn[pc JoeBob].Pet.ID} - Targets JoeBob's Pet

Targetting a BST pet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back