• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Target problem with similar names (1 Viewer)

wfitz1491

RedCents
233¢
Using very vanilla and learning to run my crew and having a problem I can't seem to iron out.

With in game socials and hotkeys I'm having a problem targeting certain toons with /target commands.
This only happens when I'm running very vanilla as I can load EQ without it and everything works as it should.

Example would be one toon which we'll say is my tank named Mobkill.
On the same crew I'm running a healer whos name is only 1 letter different, Mobkilll.

For whatever reason, if I type /target Mobkill or have a hotkey that uses a /target Mobkill command it always targets the healer Mobkilll which I'm not trying to target.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Ready to just do a name change on the healer if its absolutely necessary.

Thanks guys

Using very vanilla and learning to run my crew and having a problem I can't seem to iron out.

With in game socials and hotkeys I'm having a problem targeting certain toons with /target commands.
This only happens when I'm running very vanilla as I can load EQ without it and everything works as it should.

Example would be one toon which we'll say is my tank named Mobkill.
On the same crew I'm running a healer whos name is only 1 letter different, Mobkilll.

For whatever reason, if I type /target Mobkill or have a hotkey that uses a /target Mobkill command it always targets the healer Mobkilll which I'm not trying to target.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Ready to just do a name change on the healer if its absolutely necessary.

Thanks guys
howdy wfitz,

you can use ids as each spawn has a unique id identifier

examples:
you can use id /target id ${Target.ID} like: /bcg //target id ${Target.ID} and this would have everyone target your target

this would have everyone target your main tank by ID
/bcg //target id ${Group.MainTank.ID}

Question - Target problem with similar names

Users who are viewing this thread

Back