• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Swap or fill in missing pieces? (1 Viewer)

Cildye

RedCents
735¢
Morning RedGuides,

Thank you Sic, and everyone in the community. EQ runs deep in all our veins.

I am currently on a live server and run PAL/CLE/BRD/ZERK/ROG/DRU. PAL (112) is gold all access, CLE is 106, ROG is 112, ZERK is 114, BRD is 114, Druid (115) is Silver, everything else is FTP for the moment. I have been collecting 110+ gear, conflagrant or better for all chars and plan to do the Krono pop within the next 2 months to bring everyone in line. I started the PAL about 15 years ago but never took the char seriously. She is full of holes in AA, TS, AUGs, and general sturdiness. She has about 35k AA, 250k buffed, 6400 AC. I recently made a 100 heroic warrior. Am I crazy for considering returning to CoTF and filling in gaps for everyone, swapping PAL for the new WAR? Pally is fun, but lack of progression definitely shows. Either tank will be more complete this way. If it matters, our guild buff bots are ENC, MAG, CLE, SHA, BST, DRU.

-Cildye

Pal is fun AF and i think pretty underrated - they can really pick up slack.

I don't think Pal/Clr/Dru combo is especially good here with a little too much overlap, but enjoy your team

Keep grinding them AAs and you'll be happy

Morning RedGuides,

Thank you Sic, and everyone in the community. EQ runs deep in all our veins.

I am currently on a live server and run PAL/CLE/BRD/ZERK/ROG/DRU. PAL (112) is gold all access, CLE is 106, ROG is 112, ZERK is 114, BRD is 114, Druid (115) is Silver, everything else is FTP for the moment. I have been collecting 110+ gear, conflagrant or better for all chars and plan to do the Krono pop within the next 2 months to bring everyone in line. I started the PAL about 15 years ago but never took the char seriously. She is full of holes in AA, TS, AUGs, and general sturdiness. She has about 35k AA, 250k buffed, 6400 AC. I recently made a 100 heroic warrior. Am I crazy for considering returning to CoTF and filling in gaps for everyone, swapping PAL for the new WAR? Pally is fun, but lack of progression definitely shows. Either tank will be more complete this way. If it matters, our guild buff bots are ENC, MAG, CLE, SHA, BST, DRU.

-Cildye
I like the utility of a paladin over a warrior and at 112, you should be fine in most of the EoK/RoS zones with those stats and your crew. You can farm AAs and augs there to fill in the gaps. You'll have to fill the same holes on a WAR anyway (mostly), so it's sort of a "which do you prefer to play" type of a situation IMO.

Pally is an awesome class to play, most definitely underrate what they can do. They have a learning curve and are much squishier than war or sk early on. Once you get the critical AAs they really shine. I agree with what sic said about the overlap between pal clr dru. With a pally tank, I always pair a shm and bard to start off and the other 3 are completely optional but I try to pick classes that boost each other. With your situation, I'd consider swapping cleric for a sham, then the druid for either a bst or a ranger since you already have zerk and rogue, either bst or ranger would help increase melee dps output.

I agree with everyone, DRU can be swapped out. I also have a 97 BST and a 100 MAG who could take the DRU spot, or even a WIZ really. SHA for CLE would certainly bring a different toolkit. With Anniversary tasks/perks incoming now is the time to mix it up. I see many say Shaman need to be 100+ and tons of AA before being viable healer. I plan to sub another account permanently and either SHA or CLE would make sense.

-Cildye

Definitely keep the pally, my tank is a war and I often wish I had made a pally or Sk instead.

I am debating making one to replace the war, but my war is almost maxed out for group geared, so it makes it tough thinking about all the effort I would need to put into the new toon. I also kinda want to replace my zerkers with rogues. Same problem there as the war though.

Question - Swap or fill in missing pieces?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back