• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Suspension (1 Viewer)

Jlarl

RedCents
So, I got suspended for 7 days on one of my accounts. I am not sure what I did that flagged it as cheating though. Is simply using mq2 while actively playing considered cheating?

Random act of Darkpaw Gaming i guess? I've heard it happen in the past. People actively playing suddenly ONE out of 6-12-18 chars get banned for cheating... I think its their "software" picking up something they think is illegal...

Yes it is, as long as you are using a third party tool to control your toons you are cheating, and can receive a suspension or ban if they decide so.

That said, its more often than not people who report you for something, that flags you in the system and makes a gm investigate you, or you missed a gm random say check, this happens fairly often in zones that are known to have botters, which are often the best xp zones.

Is simply using mq2 while actively playing considered cheating?

When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden.

Create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where any Daybreak Game(s) may be played, and to refrain from posting or distributing any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to any Daybreak Game(s) without the express written permission of Daybreak.

Couple examples from the TOS.

Daybreak plays pretty fast and loose with some of this stuff, but they absolutely reserve the right to temporarily suspend or permanently ban any of us for using software like MQ (or basically any wild hair they get up their ass, if you read the entire document)

I think someone reported. The sad thing is that I wasn't even exping or farming the last week. Just doing mpg group trials and DZ raiding with guild. Thanks for help, all.

usually it would be more like something you did 1 to 3 months ago, the report system i think is not like super fast, and then they gotta investigate the case and what not.

So, I got suspended for 7 days on one of my accounts. I am not sure what I did that flagged it as cheating though. Is simply using mq2 while actively playing considered cheating?
using MacroQuest in any capacity is against ToS.

fair warning for any tinfoil hats :)

Discussion - Suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back