• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - stupid shit i have memorized (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,076¢
This morning when i was in the shower i started thinking about vex thal for some reason. I then thought about the bosses in there and how it back in the day was a atleast a 2 day raid, and that "my" boss never dropped the item i wanted (circlet of disguise). I then realized that i still know that stupid name: Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra. i mean, that was 17-18 years ago and i still remember that name.

what stupid info do you guys have memorized?

I can navigate old world zones without ever referencing a map. It's like second nature. But, to take it one step more, I remember where everything spawns.

I have actually had dreams of physically raiding inside the game. I will never forget the day I watched a guy drown in blackburrow during beta. The spasms and gurgling. I had nightmares for a week. Like chatwiththisname I as well navigate the world without maps and can picture where every mob stands. Everquest is like a whole other reality in your mind after you have played so long.

When I was a teen I had a dream that some guys showed up at my house, and when I answered the door they all had health bars over their head. One took a swing at me and some text popped up in my...RL HUD lol... about how they swung and missed, a fight ensued but I got woke up before it was over. I feel like I was gonna win, but my PJ's weren't exactly l33t armor.

Keep in mind, I played on a PVP server. So it was quite normal for people to just show up and start taking swings at me.

Yeah, I remember heaps of old garbage for old raid starts etc ... But when I walk from one room to another... Fucked if I know what I was doing, I do it at work constantly too... Can't be too reassuring for the patients... Although most of them are confused to begin with, so they may not notice!

The layout and spawns + placeholders of The Warrens. An obscure OW zone you would only ever go if you started out as a erudite.

not old World, but i can navigate most velious zones without a map. even mazes like lower dogs. but then again, i spent like levels 40 to 60 in that zone back in they day.

Back around 2002 I was walking from my girlfriends house to the cinema to buy tickets for a movie then my plan was to walk back to her house and we'd wait a couple of hours for the start time, it was about a 30 minute walk. This was before internet booking was widespread.

I was about half way from her house to the cinema when a strange thought came through my head, I started scolding myself for not soul binding at her house, because then once I had the tickets I could have just gated back... It was a few seconds before I realised I was confusing reality with Everquest.... Yep.... Probably was an indicator that I was playing too much, kept playing for a few more years though 🤗

A crystal is a naturally occurring inorganic solid with a crystalline structure and the same chemical composition.

... definition of "crystal" ... from ... 7th grade? 8th grade? I peaked early.

I have an extensive knowledge about PoP expansion. Flagging order, who to hail, and most of the loot drops for MNK across the entire expansion!

Also for WoW more of the quests then I would care to admit.

I collected all the Human Heritage paintings, which gives you an achievement that gives you access to an instanced version of the old North Freeport and I still remembered my way through the entire thing. Good times

This morning when i was in the shower i started thinking about vex thal for some reason. I then thought about the bosses in there and how it back in the day was a atleast a 2 day raid, and that "my" boss never dropped the item i wanted (circlet of disguise). I then realized that i still know that stupid name: Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra. i mean, that was 17-18 years ago and i still remember that name.

what stupid info do you guys have memorized?
Lol! This stuff pops into my head too. You might not wanna know this but I got that item! It is one of the few cool things I ever got. I can't remember if it was on EQ Live or EQ Mac. Or maybe PEQ... But my Iksar made an annoying hiss when he got hit so I got myself the Skeleton illusion which looked cool but that was a smashing sound. Then I found one that easy to get, I think a high elf or something, from Sol A. But I really wanted to try the human illusion to see what my armor would look like. I never even saw Vex Thal before because I quit before that came out, so I had to google guides and maps. That place is huge! It took me like 3 days to find the right room... I think I camped the wrong room for a day or so before I figured it out. And even then I wasn't even sure I had the right place because it was placeholders. But I started playing EQ in the background when I was working or doing other stuff. If I heard fighting I run back and kill it. At that era even the raid boss was just a blue con so it wasn't too dangerous with a boxed full group. But the boss was still a tough fight. But I think he was a 3 day respawn with a 24 hour variance or something like that. So I camped it for about 2 weeks! Logged out at night, then leave them camping there in the day. I wouldn't want to camp something like that again! But I was glad when I got it =) It is weird seeing such prestigious mobs from previous expansions with high level characters. I remember raiding Trakanon with about 80 people and it was a catastrophe, but now he gets soloed like a level 1 bat.

As a paladin i was obssessed with my epic, i loved the stages of Goulbane to Soulfire, to Firery Defender and finally the Fiery Avenger... I know that quest even now inside out and was so pround every time i hit a milestone.

pretty sure i can run a lap around crushbone with my eyes closed

i can do high hold keep basement. w/ timed splits after the initial break! at first, circa 2000, i used an egg timer on my desk, but after after a week or so, those pauses were as familiar to me as my heartbeat. =p
i made my first eq million farming velium in crystal caverns for rich wizards w/ tradeskill obsessions. i'd take the blindfold challenge in that zone too. entrance to dorf town. no jumping, paths only. /zoom!

good memories. thanks for the reminder, @Tortilla ~

Blackburrow Brewers quest to get a cask.

Running mail between Halas and Qeynos on a bard. The exact quest turn in and best route.

If you pull too many Pickeye Goblins in HHK...run them to Ran Flamespinner.

The fear paths of specific mobs / pull times. Ie fear a mob in burning woods at an exact spot to have it fear a specific path. All the druid circle NPC fear paths i would farm on my necro. Ice Giant paths. Ice Giant respawn times.

I was fairly surprised I could find Sebilis without using find just by following the route I took 19 years ago. All of my old landmarks were right where I remembered.

I have actually had dreams of physically raiding inside the game. I will never forget the day I watched a guy drown in blackburrow during beta. The spasms and gurgling. I had nightmares for a week. Like chatwiththisname I as well navigate the world without maps and can picture where every mob stands. Everquest is like a whole other reality in your mind after you have played so long.

I've had dreams where I 'gate' back home. I mean, how awesome would that ability be in real life when you think of it - forget fireballs, I want to be able to gate and resurrect.

The square of the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

Not from math class, but Wizard of Oz.

Where my Wood Elven brothers and sisters at, spending the 17 levels in CRUSHBONE, goin to bed, waking up from a nightmare shouting "CAN'T SLEEP, THE ORCS WILL EAT ME!"

Running from WoS zoneline in MPG to RSS without the map
I had The Mini events in Tipt instance for GoD flagging memorized for a few years, an old school warrior/chanter/cleric from insidious blood Drafted my lvl 65 Ranger ass for Snare/Root Duty after his Cragbeast breaks charm. Was fun times, haven't felt that rush in a very long time.

IRL - stupid shit i have memorized

Users who are viewing this thread

Back