• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Stick/Snaproll (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Hey everyone!

New user here and I was just wondering if I am missing something super simple. I am currently running a pal, bard, clr (with the mq2clr plugin), and mage.

I manually pull with the bard (and fade) but want to be able to have him assist while I'm getting aggro on the pal. I am using ISBoxer to send a key to the bard to assist (ex: I hit f9 to send 5 to the bard which is an assist macro on the bards hotbar). The bard assists the pal but he is at max melee range and attacks at the front of the mob with the pal. I've tried looking at the forums but can't find anything that talks about commands that rotate the bard to the back of the mob as well as the stick distance. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an easier way to do this. lol. I tired using kiss assist and it was a nightware when i was trying to manually pull, split, mez and such.

I'm sorry if someone has posted something like this before but I haven't been able to find it.

I appreciate the help in advance!

Hey everyone!

New user here and I was just wondering if I am missing something super simple. I am currently running a pal, bard, clr (with the mq2clr plugin), and mage.

I manually pull with the bard (and fade) but want to be able to have him assist while I'm getting aggro on the pal. I am using ISBoxer to send a key to the bard to assist (ex: I hit f9 to send 5 to the bard which is an assist macro on the bards hotbar). The bard assists the pal but he is at max melee range and attacks at the front of the mob with the pal. I've tried looking at the forums but can't find anything that talks about commands that rotate the bard to the back of the mob as well as the stick distance. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an easier way to do this. lol. I tired using kiss assist and it was a nightware when i was trying to manually pull, split, mez and such.

I'm sorry if someone has posted something like this before but I haven't been able to find it.

you can make him do a /stick snaproll behind 10 moveback uw or a combination thereof

> HERE < is the mq2moveutils page

Thank you for your quick response!

Is there somewhere in an ini that i can put that or do i need to make an ingame macro button for that command?
I thought you weren't looking to use kissassist or similar?

if you wanted to just make a hotkey to hit and then you tab over to your paladin you would just put that in a social - if would then use that stick command on the mob you were targetting

Alright perfect. thank you for your help!

I didn't know if I could throw it in an ini somewhere that deals with the mq2melee and then i could just have the /assist pal hotkey on the hotbar is what i meant, but ill just throw that whole thing in.
yeah you definitely could if you're using mq2melee

in your mq2melee file (in release -> servername_toonanme.ini) under your stickhow= you could have

stickhow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw

then back in game just do a /melee load

if you don't have an mq2melee file - do the /melee load then go edit it, then /melee load again and

so here is my bards ini. It did not have any mq2melee info so i added it but it doesn't seem to work (i did the /melee load after changing the ini)

Side question, is there a guide somewhere on the stick commands/arguments?

INI:
[MQ2Rez]
Accept=On
RezPct=90
SafeMode=Off
VoiceNotify=Off
ReleaseToBind=Off
SilentMode=Off
Command Line=DISABLED
[MQ2Medley]
Delay=3
Quiet=0
Debug=1
[MQ2Melee]

Last edited by a moderator:
so here is my bards ini. It did not have any mq2melee info so i added it but it doesn't seem to work.

Side question, is there a guide somewhere on the stick commands/arguments?

[MQ2Rez]
Accept=On
RezPct=90
SafeMode=Off
VoiceNotify=Off
ReleaseToBind=Off
SilentMode=Off
Command Line=DISABLED
[MQ2Medley]
Delay=3
Quiet=0
Debug=1
[MQ2Melee]
ok well again

/melee load <--- do this in game to generate your mq2melee section in that file.
/melee save <--- this saves your file you now created
edit the file with your stuff
then
/melee load again to reload with your new stuff

yes. I already linked you the mq2moveutils page > HERE <

Hey everyone!

Yep something simple. Turn Agro on in the melee settings. Change the provoke to something that doesn't take aggro away. simple as that.

Question - Stick/Snaproll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back