• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Starting server (1 Viewer)

Hazzard

RedCents
25¢
So i'm looking at starting on a live server right now i play on a TLP

I"m looking at either doing 12 or 18 toons

I am just wondering what you guys think a good server will be to roll on.

I"m looking to just play around do some old raids at the level they are meant to be done or a few levels passed that so PoP GoD OOW and working my way up.

I was thinking FV since i would be able to gear a tank to help make it a bit easier to level up and AA and then just feed gear to everyone else. I'm not looking to Auto grant aa i haven't played on Live in a long long time so i want to try and experience as much of the content as i can.

Thanks in advanced for an suggestions!
Cheers

FV is the most populated server and has the ability to trade most no-trade items - which is HUGE QoL for boxing - however, the most popular server comes with some negatives... like all those people :p - it really depends on what you're looking for.

Test server is good as well.
All account become Gold so you don't need a subscription (still need to buy exp for latest content).
The downside is its not as populated as FV and can have longer downtime when patching.

FV as pointed out is high population.. for better or worse. Its also insanely expensive for *twink*/lower level items.

I have heard great things about Test (2x xp, very friendly, free gold account), however normal loot rules make it more challenging (although with /testcopy can bring stuff from FV).

heard Riz is boxer friendly, thats about all i know.

Reg servers.. AB? has a decent population, Bert has a decent population? but not alot other then that i know..

if you're looking for population for "regular" servers it is often this order

FV (not normal) -> Bristle -> Bertox

low population (leaving out Coirnav, Phinigel, Zek and Agnarr) AB (euro), Povar, Vox

FV as pointed out is high population.. for better or worse. Its also insanely expensive for *twink*/lower level items.

I have heard great things about Test (2x xp, very friendly, free gold account), however normal loot rules make it more challenging (although with /testcopy can bring stuff from FV).

heard Riz is boxer friendly, thats about all i know.

Reg servers.. AB? has a decent population, Bert has a decent population? but not alot other then that i know..

A lot of ppl testcopy over from FV to Test and give away/bazaar stuff for 1pp.
So you will get Blood-Soaked stuff and Faded Waxing armor for free (think thats the best stuff I seen).
One downside is that you don't need to hunt for gears while leveling so that might take away a little of the fun.

I'd suggest FV or Test if you want to move through everything quickly. But if you're looking to slow roll it a bit more and don't mind all Gold accounts Rizlona is a good option.

Couple pluses for Rizlona include most of the server uses MQ2, making it much less taboo than say FV. The server is about to open DoDH which means autogrant will only even go to Luclin, and not 20k+ AA. Economy is limited which means you'll need to gear your group more on your own (this is either a plus or a minus, depending on preference). This let's you play the eras you mentioned without going too over the power curve and makes playing a 12-18 box less cumbersome without worrying about other players as much.

Rizlona might be a good choice since it is a progression server and less catching up to do at the start.
I play on Rizlona now =) I like the server awesome people there i just don't feel like rolling another 6 toons that i have to pay for to do more raids solo. Right now i box 12.

if you're looking for population for "regular" servers it is often this order

FV (not normal) -> Bristle -> Bertox

low population (leaving out Coirnav, Phinigel, Zek and Agnarr) AB (euro), Povar, Vox

I was leaning towards FV i played there for a while before i started on Rizlona and enjoyed it.

More or less i was wondering what servers are "better" to use MQ2 on over others I know every time you log on your taking a chance of it being your last no matter what server your on.

Bert is an awesome server. Have toons there still from 1999 and I'd never ever move them. Not a single suspension of any of my toons there during the suspension waves. Knew of almost no one who got suspended on Bert. Awesome community to.
Bertox was my org server well TP then it merged but ya i have had toons on there for a long time as well never used MQ when i was playing there tho.

Thanks guys as it's looking now i think FV might be the way i go. I have a couple of toons there that i can use to farm some gear and get a few groups up and going.

Pretty much i just want to mess around and see what i can do raid wise solo.
One of the things i enjoy about using MQ is pushing myself to see what i can raid on my own. Some times you wipe over and over and over but each time you change stuff up and then you kill it and that's what i find fun and enjoy.

i recently returned to test server as my work schedules changed. i have to say the server is awesome. you can pretty much do what you want due to the low population and with all the perks it outweighs dealing with so many people. the free gold status is a plus as well as the 2x exp. the community is extremely helpful but keep your MQ usage hush hush there are Karens on test just as much as live/tlp.

i came from TLP also RF/Mangler/Rizlona/Mischief and now all this time later i wonder why i didn't try live sooner. if i can suggest trying test as your first option i don't think you'd be let down.

login make some accts and give it a shot!

Question - Starting server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back