• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Starting Fresh? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,353¢
I'm mulling over the idea of trying to start fresh on a new server. I do have a secondary server with a set of 6 fresh heroic toons I haven't touched since I made them, but I'm curious what you all have done when you last started fresh? What do you do first? How do you get that first team up? What is your process for getting geared without someone around to farm/buy stuff? What's your plan for getting plat early? I'd be really interested in hearing folks' stories.

I "recently" (2 years ago) did this on Test server. I took 6 heroic characters and did the junk in the first few zones of HoT to fill out their augs. I was able to farm enough vendor trash to keep with spells and buy some bags. The struggle was real since there is/was no market on Test and the vendor price of spells is expensive! It was definitely fun and I intended to do more progression than I did, but basically I just hopped expac to expac doing T1 stuff. I ran SK CLE BRD ZER ZER BST and mowed through with no issues.

What i do is, since i have a surplus of DBG coins in some of my traders i just load one toon with all needed stuff for my new team in that new server, just create a level 20 toon and use that DBG coin for server transfer. I load it with all kind of armor/gear needed at high level once theyr reach that along with some cash.

I started over with 6 FTP accounts on a new server. 3 months in they just hit lvl 60. I’m doing the the Hero’s Journey quests on all 6. It takes a long time to collect all that trash. It provides me with most of the armor I need and the guild I joined has some armor i can use to augment what I don’t loot for my tank and such. Since I’m in no hurry to pay, reaching max level is not a priority.

Question - Starting Fresh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back