• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Sseru Mac broken? (1 Viewer)

Hoecus

RedCents
91¢
I have been trying to get that Sseru mac to work and it keeps saying Sub Main not found... is it bugged or not working now? I have a shaman and was going to get it to level 25 in a day to be able to make potions. It is on a regular new account so I dont care if it is banned.
I figured Id get it to 25 in a few hours then get it out of there and not have to worry about banning... do it late at night on a weekday or something.
If I need to link it here I can but it is posted in this forum so I thought I could get some help on it.

Thanks in advance...

Hoecus

I know nothing about writing code but Im not a dumb guy. I have looked at it and compared it to other macros and it looks fine. Other macros I use work but that one doesnt .. I have re-worked it... re-typed it -- resaved it ... everything I can think of, and no fix. I am sure it is something simple but Im no code writer.

Thanks for the reply...
Hoecus

Here is the macro as I copied it, then I took all the red stuff out and just used the actual code... I have tried everything and cant get it to work.. I know it is something simple I just dont know code at all so Im probobly overlooking something...

#event Exp "You gain experience!!" //When this chat event occurs, it triggers the Sub Event_Exp code
#event Level "You have gained a level! Welcome to level #1#!" //Refer to above. Simlar

Sub Main //Where the macro begins
/declare TimesRun int outer //Creates a declaration referenced in a sub event below
/varset TimesRun 0 //Sets the above declaration to 0
:loop //Main loop of your macro. Everything below is cycled until you hit a /return
/delay 1 //Delays 1 millisecond
/tar npc exam //Targets an NPC with Exam in his name
/delay 1
/say target i would like to begin //Triggers a quest
/delay 3
/tar npc ont //Targets the next NPC in the quest
/delay 2
/click left target //Left clicks the target
/delay 3
/notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup //Clicks the Give button on the trade window
/doevents //Parses any #events that may have occured while the macro ran
/goto :loop //Returns to the main loop
/return

Sub Event_Exp
/varcalc TimesRun ${TimesRun}+1 //Triggers the #event Exp at the top and sets the TimesRun variable to +1 of its currrent value
/return //Returns to the macro

Sub Event_Level(LevelText)
/echo Level ${LevelText} took ${TimesRun} runs... //Echos how many runs it took to gain the next level
/varset TimesRun 0 //Resets the counter to 0
/return

Thanks in Advance,

Hoecus

Rich (BB code):
#event Exp "You gain experience!!" 
#event Level "You have gained a level! Welcome to level #1#!"

Sub Main
/declare TimesRun int outer
/varset TimesRun 0
:loop 
/delay 1
/tar npc exam
/delay 1
/say target i would like to begin
/delay 3
/tar npc ont
/delay 2
/click left target
/delay 3
/notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
/doevents
/goto :loop
/return

Sub Event_Exp
/varcalc TimesRun ${TimesRun}+1
/return

Sub Event_Level(string LevelText, int LevelNumber)
/echo Level ${LevelNumber} took ${TimesRun} runs...
/varset TimesRun 0
/return

Ok I copied it exactly like that and saved it as Seru in the folder, then I saved as ... Seru.mac and moved that file to my MQ2 macro folder... I run MQ2 log into game and get the character set up... plug in all my plugins then /macro seru and get the same error ...

Sub Main not found....

Is there something Im still doing wrong? I have just leveled the damn shaman normally now but this has me wanting to know more how to write macros . I can not figure it out unless Im not putting a file somewhere...

Hoecus

Are you copying and pasteing the code into a text editor such as Notepad or Textpad? Then are you sure you are saving it as Seru.mac? In the /MQ2/Macros folder? While ingame and before you type /mac Seru, type /listmacro.....if you have saved it correctly, it should appear in the list that is generated.

Anon456 ...

Yes I did it again ... and did the /listmacro and it was there.... ran it again ... after copying it .... and still same error....

I have cross referenced other macros and they are exactly the same and they work fine. I am using the combine macro for tradeskills now for alchemy and it works great... just cant get this one to work.... Has me stumped bad !!

Hoecus

Here's one I wrote a while back, if you figure out how to not die when your faction gets screwed up let me know.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main

:loop
/tar npc exam
/delay 2
/if (!${Me.Combat}) /sayt i would like to begin
/delay 4
/tar npc ontu
/delay 4
/if (!${Me.Combat}) /give
/delay 2
/notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
/doevents
/goto :loop

/return

Hey, Hoecus, go to your MQ2/macro folder and open seru.mac directly there.... is it the one you saved most recently? Also... do you still have all those //comments after every line? because I'm pretty sure that using // wont' comment stuff out so the macro will still try to parse it and that might be why it's not finding Sub Main because it's actually finding "Sub Main //Where the macro begins" which may show up as something totally different.
All the macros that were posted have a Sub Main (make sure it's capitalized) so the error you're getting doesn't make sense unless something's interfering with the mq2 finding it, so you need to figure out what that is. Sub Main is where every macro starts actually doing stuff. you have #events and #includes before that, but they work differently. btw... it's way way late for me and I can't tell if this makes enough sense.

Rog ...

I copied your Mac and still same error... I made sure to put it in EVERY folder that had macro in the name... I am running other macros fine but thisone isnt working at all. I can do all the commands manually but the /macro seru comes back ... Subroutine Seru not found... the macro has ended.... Im totally stumped on this.
I am using the newest patch of MQ2 ... could that be a problem? I notice on some other macros that I run there is another file that has a gear in the file when it saves but this one is on,y the .Mac file... could that be it?
I know you all are looking at this and I know somewhere... somehow I have to be doing something wrong... I have tried everything again today...

Thanks again ,,, and Happy New Year,

Hoecus

Sseru Mac broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back