• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Splitting group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Hello everyone,

My pack is currently all lvl 70, Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Chanter, Mage, and Rogue. Playing around in Arcstone (I think) doing a task for a cloak, which requires to run around and kill some named mobs. As a side note, my group's gear sucks. In the midst of the task I ran into Sundersky (this guy is VERY magic resistant). After about 5 minutes, I realize this guy isn't dying, so head to Alla for a wtf moment. Go back to my main monitor, and "attempt" to tank two named. Got one little one down and my group is OOM and health. Evac out and start reading the forums, again. I'm thinking I need to split up my group, keep warrior and cleric on the big guy and have my others go kill the lesser named, with my mage pet tanking? Yes, that's more of a question than a statement.

I'm currently using mq2war and mq2rog with kissassist for the rest of the group and running my own .ini's.

The question is, is there a way to split up a group on the fly without my group running around agro'ing everything in sight? Or...am I missing something and banging my head against the wrong wall?

My current train of thought is to temporarily shut down ka, have the mage run to a lesser named, taunt on, chanter changes to chain tossing runes on the pet (chanter heals), which isn't setup. druid goes full heal instead of dot and heal, and mage healing. The rogue will just do what rogues just do, but hopefully on the lesser named and not assisting the warrior. I can see that train derailing the moment I turn ka back on.

Thoughts? Please and thank you, in advance.

Question - Splitting group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back