• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Hail Guest, RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla. Join the release party!
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - sooo.. im back, i think (1 Viewer)

Nadom

RedCents
513¢
a few months ago my computer decided to die (R.I.P, old friend) so i got a new one, installed EQ, installed VV, plugins, did the setting the way i like them and so on... about a week later i did something stupid and had to format my drive. when i realized that i would have to do all the setup/settings again i just stoped playing, it took me days to setup everything.

so i have a few questions:
is rgmercs still the easiest way to setup stuff? i dont need to min/max everthing, i just want the healer to heal, the tank to tank and dps to dps.
im guessing most of you do backups, do you make a copy of all your stuff from time to time or do you save a settingsfile? other?

Sic

"MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher
RedCents
27,769¢
rgmercs is great, and out-of-the-box just does their job yup do that

backups? sometimes, but not regularly

if you're getting all setup again, make sure you're starting with MacroQuest "Next"

Welcome back, I will pour one out (water) for the homie (rip computer)

Knightly

RedCents
12,650¢
The only issue I’ve had is I used to have a script that cleans up “conflicted copy” because KA and derivatives use that shared buff file and Dropbox detects when they are changed at the same time and makes a copy.

I’m sure CWTN plugins would do the same.

But it’s quick to just delete any conflicted copy and it doesn’t have any real impact other than being messy.

Users who are viewing this thread