• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - shiny / reward (EQ collection items / overseer collection dispensers) [Deleted] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
7,593¢
jande submitted a new resource:

shiny.mac (EQ collection items) - Manages collection in housing, allows easy retrieval/sorting

The idea behind this is that you have houses with collectibles (one per expansion should be enough). Now when you make a new character you run around and just grab one of each and click it. Well yes if you want to give up in frustration with all the clicking.

My saviour* my hero* is the following macro that does all of this for you.
* debatable

As with all things some setup is needed.
Setup 6 houses close together:
copy shiny.ini to your Macros folder
copy...

Read more about this resource...

After fixing spelling errors I realized that the get is a bit broken you may have the item and the macro will never know it. That got me thinking how to make it less error prone

Check for shiny_<charname>_servername.ini
If it does not run through shiny.ini. copy expansions into shiny_<charname>_servername.ini
Run through the housing items compare against shiny_<charname>_servername.ini
If it matches grab a collection item to inventory
Remove the item from shiny_<charname>_servername.ini (when it gets added to your inventory)

So the list in shiny_<charname>_servername.ini will shrink over time to contain the items that you do not have yet.

Like:
  • Spelling errors will not matter anymore. Currently MQ2VIP collections.mac writes collections.ini with the names it finds in the achievement window which does not always match the item name.
    • Post the list of errors and duplicates on daybreak forum and hope dev fixes it.
  • Don't have to use MQ2VIP collections.mac
  • Don't have to rerun MQ2VIP collections.mac before /mac shiny get
Dislike:
  • The large shiny.ini at the beginning
  • Chance for user error e.g user doesn't click item just puts it back into housing manually
  • Having to retrieve all the items even if you do not need it the first time. Will take a bit of time to run.
  • Have to do /mac shiny owner after above means logging in the housing owner
    • May just add another option e.g /mac shiny combine to combine stacks and ignore owner.
  • Having to now give /mac shiny get <expansion>
  • Have to keep shiny.ini maintained which has to happen anyway
I can live with the dislikes. Would like to hear some comments before I embark on this journey as it is not a small change.

I Just Don;t Understand The 6 Houses Part ?
The macro assumes you're using the housing system to store your collection items. Split them up by expansion, each in a different house, otherwise you'll eventually run out of space. You don't have to use 6 different houses, it's just easier to sort through if you know that all your collections from an expansion are in one place.

I so want to do this but I went alphabetical with my collection houses - using 3 atm. Do I really want to make some more alts so I can get more houses? :)
If you already have the collection items in housing storage, just type /mac shiny get click while standing in the plot and the macro will go through and grab one of each needed item and then click it.

I Just Don;t Understand The 6 Houses Part ?
Soon to be 7 :D and yes it is a pain but it does solve a problem. Full collections are big and the biggest storage I have found that is vendor bought is 300 slots.
RoF 481
CotF 232
TDS 256
TBM 160
EoK 192
RoS 192
TBL 192
So RoF needs 2 houses to store all collection items rest of the expansions is under the 300 limit. Realistic number that I am seeing is 150-170 per house. Now if you have it alphabetically you need to leave space for adding extras without having to take the last alpha item and move it to next house etc etc.

What I found is that people do collections by expansion so very easy for me to check a specific house. My collection toons have access to each others houses and I use a specific one to manage ownership of items in all the housing.

I so want to do this but I went alphabetical with my collection houses - using 3 atm. Do I really want to make some more alts so I can get more houses? :)
Who doesn't have 50 alts already !

I need to get this and set it up. Right now I have shinies spread across like 12+ toons for all expansions with no order to it.

Will this go through your inventory for all shinies pertaining to an expansion and place them in the associated plot for you? It looks like it does, if you’re in the appropriate plot and you issue the proper place command.

omg, now I’m imaging all the bank and inventory space I’ll get back!

I donated to macroquest and am A vip but I dont see an actual downloadable macro, what do i do after i get to the page? Help please :)

I donated to macroquest and am A vip but I dont see an actual downloadable macro, what do i do after i get to the page? Help please :)
Or if you cannot find the macro, use this link (MQ2 Forums VIP required).

It might not work "out of the box" though. Some adjustments will be required.
Most likely you will need to change the FindItem sub by commenting the /breset using |.

I made some other changes to the bazaar logic because it had issues working properly. But could well be that this is working again.
But with /breset not working properly I had to change stuff at another position.

I cant seem to make /mac shiny get click to work. I have ran collections.mac on each expansion in the ach collection's tab. It starts and then end's it does open the tab for housing storage. I do have thee appropriate permissions set for the property. Any help is appreciated thank you.

I cant seem to make /mac shiny get click to work. I have ran collections.mac on each expansion in the ach collection's tab. It starts and then end's it does open the tab for housing storage. I do have thee appropriate permissions set for the property. Any help is appreciated thank you.
you have to do each expansion individually. Open achievements window, select expansion, click "collections" and run collections.mac. Wait for it to finish, then run /mac shiny get click. Once that finishes with the selected expansion, go to the next expansion and repeat the process. It will not do all expansions in one go.

you have to do each expansion individually. Open achievements window, select expansion, click "collections" and run collections.mac. Wait for it to finish, then run /mac shiny get click. Once that finishes with the selected expansion, go to the next expansion and repeat the process. It will not do all expansions in one go.

I’d redcents, but I’m out of them for the day!!

I'm not able to get the dump command to work, and it isn't recognizing GMM items as part of TBL. Let me know how I can help.

Last edited:
Recommended not to have any rewards outstanding (xp/aa) when using this.
Try and do this in a quiet zone, sunrise hills/small guild hall, lag is a pita with claiming.

First pass at getting something to claim overseer collection items. Far from complete and still a work in progress

Usage: /reward "reward name"

1. open up achievements to expansion you are missing som
2. /mac collections.mac gather (refer https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/shiny-mac-eq-collection-items.1214/ whre to get it)
3. Note how many missing collections you need
4. Click overseer colleciton dispenser to get
1601565227745.png
5. /mac reward "the burning lands" (will claim dispensers for burning lands)
6. now claim that dispenser
1601565309867.png
1601565334693.png
7. then /mac reward "palace of embers" (for specific zone you need)
1601565402182.png
8. then claim those dispensers (no need to give names, gets pulled from collections.ini)
1601565466696.png
9. /mac reward "overseer collection item dispenser" (will now finally claim the colleciton items you are missing. setting overseer collection item so that when there is nothing more to claim it goes back to the main overseer dispenser)

Rinse and repeat.
Unfortunately can only claim in batches of 10 or less

I usually do batches of 10, easy enough to go back to the overseer collection dispenser with
/mac reward overseer

Using partial matches so the following will always claim book 18 even if you have it already
Book 18
Book 1

No need to rerun /mac collections between claims, items claimed by rewards.mac is removed from the collections.ini

Big chunk of credit to @GoldenFrog

Updates:
Match the collection item name completely.

Macro now in the download.

Last edited:
My plan to make it easier.

run /mac collections gather
(A) run /reward XPAC (need to manually enter which xpac TBL/RoS etc)
-> claim xpac dispenser
---> claim zone dispenser
-----> select collection item
repeat A until done or you run out of dispensers

Really need to figure out how to inspect and claim dispensers/zone item collection
Inspecting item:
/itemnotify in packX X rightmouseheld
or
/nomodkey /altkey /itemnotify in PackX X leftmouseup

Claiming item:
/notify ItemDisplayWindow IDW_RewardButton leftmouseup

Some dev tools, adding here so if something catastrophic happens to my computer/backups. (may be of interest to others)

reward-collection.ini is all the rewards xpac/zone
dump.mac used this to generate reward-collection.ini

Last edited:
Give this a try, put both files into the macro folder. Do not have any rewards outstanding !

Step 1: /mac collections gather
Step 2: /mac reward XPAC

Need to manually enter which xpac TBL/RoS etc, same as what you were standing on with /mac collection gather
Valid options for XPAC is TBL|RoS|EoK|TBM|TDS|CotF|RoF

Claiming the dispensers seems to bug out quite frequently but no fear. Watch the mq2chat window and when you see something like
1601823755328.png
The relevant Dispenser inspect window should be open, just click the claim button
1601823816255.png

To fix the claim bug seems you need to relog and its random how long it takes to break again. Will have to see if something can be done to work around this.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Every few it grabs the whole stack of collection dispenser.
Wonder how it manages that, nowhere in the script is a pickup command

Try this, adjusted the timing a bit. Also fixed a problem with items having : in the zone names

Last edited:
can confirm, picks up the entire stack of dispensers even w/ the latest attachments. need gnomish innovation ASAP!

can confirm, picks up the entire stack of dispensers even w/ the latest attachments. need gnomish innovation ASAP!
do the following

/nomodkey /altkey /itemnotify in Pack${Math.Calc[${FindItem[Overseer Collection Item Dispenser].ItemSlot}-22]} ${Math.Calc[${FindItem[Overseer Collection Item Dispenser].ItemSlot2}+1]} leftmouseup

Does that pick up the stack ?
Which zone are you doing this in ? (try in sunrise hills please)

Not seeing the behavior where it picks up a stack at all, there is not keys to map the inspect window so that cannot be it.
Tried with empty inventory slots, ok
Tried with dispensers in toplevel slot, ok
In a bag, ok

Noticed it needs to before fragments if you have any.

Last edited:
Macro - shiny / reward (EQ collection items / overseer collection dispensers) [Deleted]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back