• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Setup Service (1 Viewer)

RedCents
303¢
Hi

How about adding a setup service for the old lazy people ......

I can figure out how to install etc , but when it comes to other group setups , i really struggle

might be another form of income, setup some basic templates

im not really sure if i am using Lua correctly .........or maybe i can make a video of how i have it setup , maybe i can get some suggestions

ok, Thanks

Last edited:
RG Mercs is probably the easiest to get started with

You do /mac rgmercsinstall on all your characters if you haven't before

Then on the group tank, set the role of tank and main assist through eq and type /rggroup

Your group will assist you fighting and healing

Type /dgge /rg chaseon to get them following you around.

Tweak and customise from there.

Hi

How about adding a setup service for the old lazy people ......

I can figure out how to install etc , but when it comes to other group setups , i really struggle

might be another form of income, setup some basic templates

im not really sure if i am using Lua correctly .........or maybe i can make a video of how i have it setup , maybe i can get some suggestions

ok, Thanks
is there some deficit in the forums/discord/site? I help new folks daily get setup.

what is it you're struggling with?

1. If this came with the Super Easy Button, nobody would play.
2. Different zones, encounters, boss mechanics, etc require different classes to do different things. This is why its important to learn the basics.

I started off learning to box 2 toons with a healer merc , a tank merc and using Kissassist and reading how to change and set up an INI. This way you have a tank and a healer that will keep your group alive while you learn to pull and then switch over to DPS / Mezz, slow, etc.
Also by viewing some pre-built ini's you can pull it up and watch the commands and characters fly down the sections in the ini for buffs and dps to learn how to play some new classes.
Some classes like Shammys have built in dots into slows for certain spell lines which could be harmful when your bard is trying to mezz =P Stuff like that you will need to turn off or change the AA/ switch out the spell line.
https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist

Learn how to set up EQBCS and watch a video on how to set up your basic hotkeys on movement.

Make sure your zone meshes are up to date and you have the plugins loaded.

Video series for beginners.
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/

Overall, make it fun to learn, go slow and eventually things will start clicking

Last edited:
is there some deficit in the forums/discord/site? I help new folks daily get setup.

what is it you're struggling with?
No deficit .......It all started when i was asking about seeing group spells , then you mentioned NEXT.......I decided to just do a fresh install

Since there was nothing that i had really done , that would need saving ............I run the CWNT Characters , so it is already pretty automated
but this is when i like to screw things up and try crap ......making new macros etc ( that i didnt realize that i used ) now im just lost

kinda like when old friends move away

I don't really see much viable way to do this that doesn't involve allowing a stranger on the interwebz to remote connect to your PC and start messing with stuff. Maybe you might trust one of the regular posters here to do that, but once you start adverting that to newcomers as a service, it starts to get a bit suspect.

No deficit .......It all started when i was asking about seeing group spells , then you mentioned NEXT.......I decided to just do a fresh install

Since there was nothing that i had really done , that would need saving ............I run the CWNT Characters , so it is already pretty automated
but this is when i like to screw things up and try crap ......making new macros etc ( that i didnt realize that i used ) now im just lost

kinda like when old friends move away
Sic has a post with his hotkeys, stick with them for awhile. if interested i can send u some of mine as well but mine started out as a copy of Sics

Question - Setup Service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back