• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Server Selection (1 Viewer)

I played on BB for awhile, and while I havent been on every server, the anti-MQ crusaders were much, much, more prevalent than the other servers I've spent significant time on, in my experience.

But, I know quite a few who play on BB with MQ and have been for a very long time. So who knows.

I played on BB for awhile, and while I havent been on every server, the anti-MQ crusaders were much, much, more prevalent than the other servers I've spent significant time on, in my experience.

But, I know quite a few who play on BB with MQ and have been for a very long time. So who knows.
To this point about anti-MQ crusaders, I think that goes with the territory in most high population servers.

Probably what bothers most folks is AFK botting/farming in competitive zones. This isnā€™t as much of an issue on a lower population server by virtue of having less density in some of the farming spots.

Then again, if youā€™re into the social aspect of EQ, lower population servers are going to mean itā€™s less likely to find those connections.

There are pros and cons to each choice, certainly.

My 2 redcents are: just donā€™t be obvious and donā€™t shout to the world what youā€™re doing. As long as itā€™s not blatant and obvious, it seems like most folks donā€™t really care.

To this point about anti-MQ crusaders, I think that goes with the territory in most high population servers.

Probably what bothers most folks is AFK botting/farming in competitive zones. This isnā€™t as much of an issue on a lower population server by virtue of having less density in some of the farming spots.

Then again, if youā€™re into the social aspect of EQ, lower population servers are going to mean itā€™s less likely to find those connections.

There are pros and cons to each choice, certainly.

My 2 redcents are: just donā€™t be obvious and donā€™t shout to the world what youā€™re doing. As long as itā€™s not blatant and obvious, it seems like most folks donā€™t really care.
Wondering what your definition of "blatant and obvious" is :)

Wondering what your definition of "blatant and obvious" is :)
I'd say most folks don't understand how MQ works, but if they see someone who's **clearly** AFK while farming a zone or camping a spot, that's "blatant and obvious." Or bragging about using MQ openly. That's one that blows my mind, but happens. I'm talking about the kinds of things that make it clear to non-MQers that someone is using outside help.

Then again, some folks will just always hate MQ or third-party apps. I talked with a dude recently who said people who box, even legally, are exploiting the game and should have permanent bans on every account they've ever played from their IP.

He said it wasn't a fun way to play the game, that the social aspect is why the game exists. I asked him why his definition of "fun" was the only right one and others' definitions were wrong. No response.

Point being, some people will never be accommodating, so it's best to be as unobtrusive as possible.

I've dabbled on FV, but mainly CT. I've never ran into any issues. I've played tlp's also. The main thing I've always played by is, just play nice. A lot of the times, if I see people rolling up, I offer them a group with me. Or sometimes I just move camps.

I'm not saying you can't "stand your ground" on any server. Always playing nice goes a long way. However, there are those who are always out to get us!

Happy Hunting

Discussion - Server Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back