• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Secret Question Password Reset (1 Viewer)

bandrent

RedCents
Secret Question Password Reset (instantly)

Requirements:
1. You must have access to (2) accounts to do this. You are only accessing the everquest.com website so they don't even need to be active.
2. You must have state, zip code, email fields filled out before attempting this or it wont work.

Ok, here we go. We will call Account A the account you want to reset the password, we will call Account B the secondary account you are using to accomplish this.

1. Goto www.everquest.com
2. Click "My Account" and login under Account B
3. Click "Edit Registration" - You will now see old password new password, etc on the account you don't wish to reset.
4. Click "Sign in/Change User" at the top left of the screen. Another window will pop up.
5. Login to that window using Account A The window will go away and you will see the old page with Account B info.
6. Refresh the page. You will notice that it asks you to select a new question. This is the most important part, so listen carefully to #7.
7. ONLY select the question and put in the answer. Don't change any other fields or this wont work. Click "Make Changes".
8. You are done, you're account's secret password has been reset.

Holy crap, I have been looking for a way to do that for months. But when i did it it said that i had errors, email address, state, ect. i redid it and put all that information in and it worked. hopes this helps someone.

I just did this yesterday for one of my accounts. Step by step it worked perfectly.

dunno, i used it last night. let me check real fast. Nope, worked for me. make sure that u do it in this order. go to www.everquest.com, click sign in/change user. log in with the account that u WANT to change. then click my account. then it will bring up another sign in box, sign in with the same one. it will bring up a screen with your email, state, all that. then click edit registration. it will bring up a window with boxes for your password and all that. dont do anything on that screen. go to the top and click sign in/change user again. sign in as the account that u WANT to change. click okay. when the page resets after the sign in, click the refresh button on the page. then go down pick your secret question, put in the answer. then go down put in email address, gender, zip code, state and language. click make changes, i just did it and it still works.

So you need the PW to the account you wanna change the secret answer to? Cause I know my sham account had got taken from me or my friend gave it to someone :mad: while I was away on military duty. WHen I came home all the info was changed etc. I only know the username to sign in. Just no PW. Lmk if their is a way around this.

Use the original CC info and CD keys to take the account back. If you don't have that info, you're screwed.

or if u know the secret question and answer u can change the pswd again ..

then use this to change question and they can not get it back from u

8-)

Quoting in case he decides to remove like the offsets he posted

Secret Question Password Reset (instantly)

Requirements:
1. You must have access to (2) accounts to do this. You are only accessing the everquest.com website so they don't even need to be active.
2. You must have state, zip code, email fields filled out before attempting this or it wont work.

Ok, here we go. We will call Account A the account you want to reset the password, we will call Account B the secondary account you are using to accomplish this.

3. Click "Edit Registration" - You will now see old password new password, etc on the account you don't wish to reset.
4. Click "Sign in/Change User" at the top left of the screen. Another window will pop up.
5. Login to that window using Account A The window will go away and you will see the old page with Account B info.
6. Refresh the page. You will notice that it asks you to select a new question. This is the most important part, so listen carefully to #7.
7. ONLY select the question and put in the answer. Don't change any other fields or this wont work. Click "Make Changes".

Will this allow you to change the info enough so that if you aren't the original owner you can pay $75 for a server transfer and it will go through?

i have tried name changes after doing this... and letting account lapse for a few months... and neither has let me beable to do name changes....

i am pretty sure its the same for server changes

JoDDY not that I am doubting your credibility.. :) But how did you manage to get it to work? What browser were you using?

STEP 5 is where it fails for me:

------------

--------------------------

This does not work! (at least for me) I do not see Account B ( I see Account A log in)
Refreshing brings just refreshes Account A info.
Could be that I am missing something obvious..

-----

It does not ask me to select a new question.
---------------------

Okay just for heck of it tried it on Internet Explorer 6 . Same issue, when you use Sign In/Change User, it does bring you to the registration page for the account you just signed in as, not the old account. So what's the trick?

Hiya.

I just did what it said in the post... and that worked for me.. im not sure why it dosent work for u tho... try again and i hope it will work for u.

Thanks for replying JoDDy, it is still not working.

This step refreshes my old new page with Account A info. I tried stopping reloading but that didn't help. Refresh still brings you new info.

My suspicion is that this was the same method as html method and timeout method, that is it took advantage of the same bug in Sony's webpage design.

Anyone who has had it working after 18th Oct?

i tried right after this was moved to the nerfed section, and no it doesnt work anymore. we are currently looking for another way to do it right now.

Hiya...
I tried to do this again last night.. and now i couldent change the Q... crap... SoE fixed the bug...

Secret Question Password Reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back