• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Screen off kills some EQ accounts with "everquest.exe not responding" (1 Viewer)

RedCents
54¢
This may or may not have anything to do with MQ2 or EQ in general but when I have a few accounts loaded or so. take a break and go afk. screen goes off in 10 mins. come back in whatever time, minutes or hours. doesn't seem to matter but 1 or 2 of the accounts is always frozen. I cant click on it but it stays active and will remain active till i end task it. Task manager always shows that everquest.exe as "not responding". Even just turning off the display is enough to duplicate this. manually turning off the power of my display will result in a frozen account. any thoughts? cant find another topic about EverQuest not responding in relation to the screen being on or off.

Solution
This is a graphics issue. Don't let your screen turn off (or change resolutions).
yeah definitely sounds like an eq issue if it happens just turning off your monitor

eq in general has a few issues when devices go to sleep or devices add/remove themselves (like being unplugged) which causes crashes

I think I found the culprit. Couldn't do much if it was a graphics issue so i just started messing with the power options. in advanced turning off Ethernet Power saver seems to have done the trick. Now i can safely afk in the GH to get buffed without the screen on. thanks for the fast responses!
This may or may not have anything to do with MQ2 or EQ in general but when I have a few accounts loaded or so. take a break and go afk. screen goes off in 10 mins. come back in whatever time, minutes or hours. doesn't seem to matter but 1 or 2 of the accounts is always frozen. I cant click on it but it stays active and will remain active till i end task it. Task manager always shows that everquest.exe as "not responding". Even just turning off the display is enough to duplicate this. manually turning off the power of my display will result in a frozen account. any thoughts? cant find another topic about EverQuest not responding in relation to the screen being on or off.
yeah definitely sounds like an eq issue if it happens just turning off your monitor

eq in general has a few issues when devices go to sleep or devices add/remove themselves (like being unplugged) which causes crashes

This is a graphics issue. Don't let your screen turn off (or change resolutions).

I think I found the culprit. Couldn't do much if it was a graphics issue so i just started messing with the power options. in advanced turning off Ethernet Power saver seems to have done the trick. Now i can safely afk in the GH to get buffed without the screen on. thanks for the fast responses!

Solution
Problem - Screen off kills some EQ accounts with "everquest.exe not responding"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back