• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Ryzen 3950x - 16 cores @ 4.7Ghz!!!!!

RedCents
121¢
I can load about 9 groups on the 2700x. Probably run into a GPU bottleneck before you use all of that CPU. No one believed me when I said intel better watch out when the first generation of ryzens were released. Go benchmark that 3950x vs almost anything intel has right now and it will come out ahead way ahead.

RedCents
651¢
I can load about 9 groups on the 2700x. Probably run into a GPU bottleneck before you use all of that CPU. No one believed me when I said intel better watch out when the first generation of ryzens were released. Go benchmark that 3950x vs almost anything intel has right now and it will come out ahead way ahead.
What are your stats with that load? Memory and cpu usage?

drwhomphd

RedCents
2,335¢
I'm looking forward to the threadrippers from this generation as well. Should be brutal. Sadly they don't yet seem to have a similar laptop ryzen chip yet that competed well in the 6c/12t range.

Last edited:
RedCents
121¢
What are your stats with that load? Memory and cpu usage?
Using AMD RX 580 GPU and 64 gbs of 3200 DDR4. Ram really isnt an issue you use about 600 mbs per instance and CPU wise .5 to 1.5 % You do notice some system lag though probably too many instances up for an 8 core CPU.

RedCents
121¢
I'm looking forward to the threadrippers from this generation as well. Should be brutal. Sadly they don't get seem to have a similar laptop ryzen chip yet that competed well in the 6c/12t range.
Threadripper is supposed to have over 50% performance increase from previous generation.

RedCents
385¢
Using AMD RX 580 GPU and 64 gbs of 3200 DDR4. Ram really isnt an issue you use about 600 mbs per instance and CPU wise .5 to 1.5 % You do notice some system lag though probably too many instances up for an 8 core CPU.
I think the key is all in the various configs. Been trying to get my CPU down better to get more bots than mq2fps + m2viewport using mq2eqwire but not managing it. Do you run bots with low resolution, luclin models etc?

AshLyNN

RedCents
57¢
I'm looking for 2x32 ddr4 ram cl14 or cl16, only can find lower mhz in this config, anyone able to suggest higher for the ryzen 9 3900x? Possibly with rgb features