• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - returning to eq after...quite a while (1 Viewer)

MjolnirTech

RedCents
31¢
Ok,

I did EQ way back when and after messing around with whatever else is out there I decided it was time to give this a try again. meanwhile one of my alts just turned 21.

anyway... the servers are pretty dead at low levels and while the mercs are ok, I want a group. and that's how I found you guys!

I'm looking forward to figuring this thing out so I can get my now very low level toons from 20+ years ago a group. I've started watching a few of the videos and found out I need to be level 2 to download so I haven't finished the tutorials yet. I'm hoping the explain a couple, probably obvious, steps about how to launch multiple eq clients on the same PC, or if I should and what do I do with the windows... if not, then I hope someone will help me out here.

so, I guess hello everyone and does anyone have any tips?

Hi and Welcome !
You are already in the right direction . The training videos will get you totally ready. Walk before you want to run. You'll find yourself running a full group of 6 in no time at all. Study the KissAssist.ini in the library and You'll learn tons.

Welcome tooooo the community! I can tell ya from being out there in the rogue world of other mmo's, ain't nothing like eq. The memories and players are what keep us around. You'll find that here in this community. Enjoy, do your research, but most importantly, have fun!

Happy Hunting!

Welcome aboard.
. I'm hoping the explain a couple, probably obvious, steps about how to launch multiple eq clients on the same PC,

MQ2AutoLogin will handle this for you. Couple that with MQ2AutoAccept and boom, your toons are logged in and grouped for you while you pour a cold one before the gaming session.

Red's videos and Sic's extensive video line-up cover both of those topics.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Welcome. I too did the same as you. I started playing in 1999, left after several years and returned around 2 years ago. I also got tired of lfg and found this community and found new love for the game.

Like Durango said, watch the vids from Sic...I suggest twice. Almost all the answers you need are there. Start small and add things on as you get the hang of it. It took me a bit of messing with things and coming back here to find answers but there is almost always a thread that answers your questions.

If you get stuck, ask here and someone will always help.

You'll end up with mostly cwtn plugins in the end. I did! And definitely check out isboxer if you plan to play more than 2. Game changer when it comes to windows management.

Whats Up Hello GIF
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome back. You may want to find a guild ingame. This will help you to to get you lots of informations about what had changed in the meantime and likely also help in your journey through the expansions. I remembered to had to spend some time to get used to all the tools offered at RG.
There are add-ons which ask for some extra fee on top of the basic abo, but there are also loads of add-ons which you can use for free.
When I arrived at RG, I decided to start with the free add-ons. All the important stuff is of that category.
There are 3 types of addons: dll, mac and Lua.
Those compiled as dll can be run simultaneously, those ending with Lua as well. Those ending as mac can only run a single one at a time.

MQ2Autologin and MQ2Autoaccept are already described here. They are very useful to start your team and get them grouped in the easiest way.
The addon Dannet connects your toons ingame in a way, that you can send commands from the leading char to the others of you team.
The mac overseer will help you, to get the overseer tasks done in an easy way. The Overseer task will help to get XP and ressources.
The mac Kissassist was the first tool I used to get your toons behave like a merc, but much more efficient.
The Lua Chase is an improved version of the ingame autofollow, much more reliable.
The Lua Magellan is a great tool for traveling around the world with your team.
The Lua Buttonmaster allows you to create Hotbuttons which, different than the ingame Buttons, can be triggered even while your toons are casting.

Those are the basic tools I rely on at any time I am logged in.

The Lua Event manager would be the next tool I would have a look, once your basic setup runs smooth and in the manner you want it to run.
This is a tool which can help to optimize the "micromanagement" of your toons.

There are loads of more tools to find, in order to change your ingame-experience to your likings.
The community is greate here at RG and if you have questions or get stuck somewhere, the reaction time here is unmatched and you will often find help almost immediately.

Take your time to get used to all the stuff at hand.
If you are wondering how many chars you shall create: any free-to-play char controlled with the tools at hand, will be more efficient than any merc.

Have fun.

IRL - returning to eq after...quite a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back