• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning Player (1 Viewer)

Blaiser3218

RedCents
190¢
Okay here goes. I have been an avid EQ player since its inception in 99. I am 3 expansions behind at the moment, but i do have a couple of FTP accounts, and one Silver account with my Main Char being an 85 ENC. I'm WAY behind now with most of my items be "prestige" items, so I cant use many of the things i worked so hard for. But i understand, it used to be monthly subs, and now you can log in for free. There is SO much i have to learn about now that i'm back, but thats why i'm so excited about this website and the people I've seen here and have no worries about getting the help when i need it. When i last played I was a member of the MMOBUGS community for many years. Upon returning to the game, and looking and downloading mq via mmobugs, I was directed by posts, forums, and even Youtube videos about Redguides. I have to say.....This community is above and beyond what i remember the bugs being. I registered and subscribed to Redguides simply because i remember how helpful and awesome MQ was back then. I then read about the redcents, and that alone is worth being a member of this great community. The writing and editing INI files are slowly coming back to me and hopefully when I start making a little extra money I will be able to look into getting the CWTN plugins, those seem to be worth the money. I've watched most of the Redguides Youtube videos on getting started with MQ/Kissassist and its making me remember so much and making me enjoy the game the way i did so many years ago. I'm addicted to Sic's CWTN plugin videos, and I cant wait to be able to get those in my arsenal. I'm enjoying reading so many stories, helpful guides and awesome suggestions from here that I find myself reading here and watching the videos from you great people more than i actually play the game at the moment. That will change i'm sure when i start getting back into the groove of things, and like i said, its all POURING back in. Just a line or 10 here to introduce myself, and say THANKS to all the great people who share, write and contribute to this great community. GLAD TO BE BACK!!! Hail Red Buddies!!!

I'm seeing that just from reading posts. I'm going to have to set up a trader in game to run while i'm here reading all the great stuff. Its like a good book I just CAN'T put down!!!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome back! I did the same as you as I played in 99 for many years and then took 12 plus years off. I still have quite a bit to catch up on!

Watch the vids in Sic's signature and then mess around with Kissassist, RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins. Lots of info and videos on them here and a super helpful community when you get stuck.

I suggest taking the toons somewhere safe and lower level at first to get your feet wet and explore the automation options. You can also /testcopy and use the cwtn plugins there for free.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

This community makes the game great again.

Welcome back!!!! i like to remind people just returning of two things:

1 - as great as RG/MQ is it is frowned upon by some players and is against the EULA from dpg, so always be responsible and courteous when playing. it will save you a tonne of headaches/suspensions/bans etc

2- and this one sound like a perfect fit for your needs, I like to remind people about test server. you can copy all of your toons to test with one command /testcopy you get permanent gold status and permanent double exp, gold status is important to you as you do not need to worry about prestige tags on your gear. also, test has a very low population so you don't have to worry about the Karens watching as much. the cwtn plugs are also free to use on the test server. just-food for thought. did i mention accts are free also? no monthly subs

Welcome back and thanks for joining up with the greatest boxing community eq has.

Welcome back!!!! i like to remind people just returning of two things:

1 - as great as RG/MQ is it is frowned upon by some players and is against the EULA from dpg, so always be responsible and courteous when playing. it will save you a tonne of headaches/suspensions/bans etc

2- and this one sound like a perfect fit for your needs, I like to remind people about test server. you can copy all of your toons to test with one command /testcopy you get permanent gold status and permanent double exp, gold status is important to you as you do not need to worry about prestige tags on your gear. also, test has a very low population so you don't have to worry about the Karens watching as much. the cwtn plugs are also free to use on the test server. just-food for thought. did i mention accts are free also? no monthly subs

Welcome back and thanks for joining up with the greatest boxing community eq has.
Absolutely, I remember the Karens even back then. I keep to myself and NEVER go afk for more than a few mins for bathroom and snack breaks etc. Will definately check out the test server idea. Thanks for the heads up info!!

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

IRL - Returning Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back