• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning and overwhelmed (1 Viewer)

RedCents
71¢
Like many of us I took a break, and the itch has caught me again. I 6box on test (Sk main, enc, clr, mag, sham, and ber) and was using RGmercs w/ eqbcs. one of the reasons I took a break was my squad seemed to lack in ToV the expansion wide dot was causing me some headaches but I was noticing my Enc had issues locking down multiple adds and or my CLR just could not keep up at times, even if the Shm was assisting with some heals.

Since I have left I see we have next and I'm seeing a lot of changes and reading about some. I'm hoping for some assistance in improving quality of life with suggestions to better enjoy my free time hunting gear and augs. Most of my toons are ice encrusted geared all @ 115 closing on 116 and I'd really like to wander into the new expansion and do some exploring and hunting. |

Things I'm curious about is luas, dannet, possibly moving over to mqboxer or kiss assist or tweaking my ini's and definitely better hot key set ups. I've watched some of the videos and read about making changes ... but it all seems like reading Portuguese. my old brain is struggling with the where to start and progressively work through the adjustments w/o breaking everything

Welcome back!

EQ is a complicated and bloated game, mq is complicated by extension, and they can definitely feel overwhelming when things aren't going how you want.

If you haven't, take a peak at this stuff below (and the vid linkie), and that will be a good small start in some of the mq changes

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

WB! the tools have became more refined, and RGmercs has served me well over the past couple of years when i needed it. Kiss works very well, and while there is a great library here, you can 100% go in and tweak the ini's to your situation. MQ2enchanter is free on Test, it doesnt allow the level of customization, but for general purpose and ease of use 100% give it a try.

ToL might be a bit heavy for you at the moment, but if your really wanting to look into it, check out Maidens Eye. Some easier (lvl 114?) mobs there, plus some quest/task to get your XP bar moving. If I recall correctly, the new open world T1 gear is 115, might want to start grabbing pieces as they rot (they do on live all the time). Ice Encrusted.. its TBL T1 raid, but that was 4? years and 10 levels ago.

Recommend joining the RG discord, tons of helpful people and GL with your return.

I do not want to speak out of place, but aren't all of the CWTN plugins free on Test? If my information is accurate, then you could effectively switch over 100% to CWTN resources for your entire group. Even if not all free on test, if you have some cash, spending it on CWTN resources is 100% worth it.

Group makeup - Not sure what Enc does for DPS, but only having SK, BER, MAG is really hurting you DPS-wise. The longer a mob stays alive, the more the enc has to mez when multiples are involved, the more damage is dished to tank, the more heals have to go out, etc etc. I would swap in a Rogue for the Cleric on a different account. This way you could still gain cleric buffs on all toons, could even use cleric heals out of group. My two cents.

I am also returning and haven't switched over to next.
One of the things that I noticed was that the party window no longer has the party movement command buttons that it used to have. Is this intentional?

I do not want to speak out of place, but aren't all of the CWTN plugins free on Test? If my information is accurate, then you could effectively switch over 100% to CWTN resources for your entire group. Even if not all free on test, if you have some cash, spending it on CWTN resources is 100% worth it.

Group makeup - Not sure what Enc does for DPS, but only having SK, BER, MAG is really hurting you DPS-wise. The longer a mob stays alive, the more the enc has to mez when multiples are involved, the more damage is dished to tank, the more heals have to go out, etc etc. I would swap in a Rogue for the Cleric on a different account. This way you could still gain cleric buffs on all toons, could even use cleric heals out of group. My two cents.
They are included with your VV level 2 sub

I am also returning and haven't switched over to next.
One of the things that I noticed was that the party window no longer has the party movement command buttons that it used to have. Is this intentional?
There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder
7. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo" - They are now in 3 separate plugins: /plugin groupinfo /plugin targetinfo /plugin xtarinfo

So, whilst you get used to it on live before committing to CWTN Plugins, try RG Mercs, its pretty good and out of the box.

Once your ready, go CWTN. I've just upgraded my warr and zerk to CWTN and god damn wish I had done it weeks ago!!

So, whilst you get used to it on live before committing to CWTN Plugins, try RG Mercs, its pretty good and out of the box.

Once your ready, go CWTN. I've just upgraded my warr and zerk to CWTN and god damn wish I had done it weeks ago!!
I am of the opposite opinion, and you kind of confirmed my opinion with your statement.

Make the switch now. You have a full group that can use the CWTN plugins. Don't mess with RGMercs, don't mess with KA, don't mess with anything else. Follow the videos and guides that CWTN/Sic have laid out for you. Make the switch. Today. You will never regret it.

I am of the opposite opinion, and you kind of confirmed my opinion with your statement.

Make the switch now. You have a full group that can use the CWTN plugins. Don't mess with RGMercs, don't mess with KA, don't mess with anything else. Follow the videos and guides that CWTN/Sic have laid out for you. Make the switch. Today. You will never regret it.
This is the way.

I also just came back from a break this month.

It’s much easier to get set up nowadays. It’s user friendly now. I think Sic made these videos for getting it all set up: Click here

I personally skipped the 5th video as it was about kissassist and I wanted to go with cwtn plug-ins this time around. They’re fantastic. Just buy them and install them. Load them up on a full team and they run themselves while you drive from whatever character you want. Learn the settings as you go. That’s what I did.

cooking GIF by Masterchef

Like many of us I took a break, and the itch has caught me again. I 6box on test (Sk main, enc, clr, mag, sham, and ber) and was using RGmercs w/ eqbcs. one of the reasons I took a break was my squad seemed to lack in ToV the expansion wide dot was causing me some headaches but I was noticing my Enc had issues locking down multiple adds and or my CLR just could not keep up at times, even if the Shm was assisting with some heals.

Since I have left I see we have next and I'm seeing a lot of changes and reading about some. I'm hoping for some assistance in improving quality of life with suggestions to better enjoy my free time hunting gear and augs. Most of my toons are ice encrusted geared all @ 115 closing on 116 and I'd really like to wander into the new expansion and do some exploring and hunting. |

Things I'm curious about is luas, dannet, possibly moving over to mqboxer or kiss assist or tweaking my ini's and definitely better hot key set ups. I've watched some of the videos and read about making changes ... but it all seems like reading Portuguese. my old brain is struggling with the where to start and progressively work through the adjustments w/o breaking everything

Welcome Back Dysmal and all others returning fellow EQ addict :)

I am also returning today to give it another shot, I had to leave for a while and I am ready for few hours of readings just to get up to date.

I hope I'll see some of you guys in Game, I am actually on VOX but I am thinking about trying on test server (even if I dunno how to get on test server yet Lol!) because I REALLY need to try CWTN they look AWESOME! and prolly get back on Live after to buy them.

See ya all around!

Have a nice day

Welcome Back Dysmal and all others returning fellow EQ addict :)

I am also returning today to give it another shot, I had to leave for a while and I am ready for few hours of readings just to get up to date.

I hope I'll see some of you guys in Game, I am actually on VOX but I am thinking about trying on test server (even if I dunno how to get on test server yet Lol!) because I REALLY need to try CWTN they look AWESOME! and prolly get back on Live after to buy them.

See ya all around!

Have a nice day
Just one thing to note if you're planning to try out the test server. I highly recommend running Test from a separate EQ directory. You can just copy and paste your existing EQ directory, run Launchpad from the new directory, and use Advanced Tools on the launcher to change to Test.

This will ensure you that you have separate EQ settings for Live and Test. More importantly, it will prevent EQ from having to re-patch every time you switch between Live and Test. Not only does that take an annoying amount of time, but sometimes the patcher won't update a few files which can cause all kinds of weird issues.

Just one thing to note if you're planning to try out the test server. I highly recommend running Test from a separate EQ directory. You can just copy and paste your existing EQ directory, run Launchpad from the new directory, and use Advanced Tools on the launcher to change to Test.

This will ensure you that you have separate EQ settings for Live and Test. More importantly, it will prevent EQ from having to re-patch every time you switch between Live and Test. Not only does that take an annoying amount of time, but sometimes the patcher won't update a few files which can cause all kinds of weird issues.
Cool thank you for the advice I do that! :)

Question - Returning and overwhelmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back