• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning 79 Beastlord 3 to 4 box composition help--I don't know what I am doing anymore (1 Viewer)

sch98319

RedCents
100¢
Hey guys just logged in as my 79 Beastlord after many years. I have full defiant gear and epic 1.5 and some interesting pet enhancement jewelry. Anyway I have a small amount of time to play per week and I was wondering what would be the best 3 or 4 box to maximize the experience? I guess I should drive the Bst as the main character but that doesn't necessarily have to be. How do fellowships work? They need a minimum of 3 toons is that correct? Is there anywhere to download maps as well because I am completely lost on where to go or where to level.

Combos/classes I have thought about teaming with the BST are

Pally
Shaman
Bard
Mage
Berserker
Warrior
Cleric
Another Beastlord

I guess atm I'm leaning towards either BST/BST/BARD or BST/War/Bard. What do you guys think? It's tough to decide on

Welcome back to EQ :)

The general group makeup is; Tank, Healer, Crowd Control and DPS.

Like a Mage, a BST pet can tank some mobs/named, but later on your going to want to consider having a Tank; Pally, Warrior or SK (totally your play style choice, but a lot of people run with SKs for group content.)
A Shammy is a good choice for healer as they also buff/slow, although some people chose Cleric or Druid.
Crowd control can be Enchanter or Bard, but consider a Bard for the ADPS (additional dps) they add to melee party members (your BST+pet)
The dps is generally down to your favourite classes; a lot run with Berserkers, I love Rogues, other would chose casters or multi-classes.....endless combinations.

I hope that shows a solid make-up and the choices you have available:) It's mainly down to your play style, preferences and there are no bad choices, just have FUN.

If you need any further help, please feel free to ask, this RG community is awesome and very supportive/inclusive:)

What would be a good set up for alt+tab boxing? I'm very confused on how to use boxing software. If I could 4box I guess I'd do something like BST/War/Zerk/Bard+healing mercs or Warrior/BRD/BST/Cleric

My advice is always - if you're thinking about 3, just go for 6. Especially if its FTP. If its too much you can always go back to 3.

As Sinickal mentioned, there are no bad choices and its all about play style. As long as you have Tank/healer/CC combo, you can do pretty much anything, even in modern content. My personal recommendation would be SK/BRD/BST/SHM combo + 2 DPS (either caster or melee, both work for that group). The extra "tankiness" of the WAR isn't really necessary unless you are raiding, and it comes at a loss of DPS.

For maps, I personally use Brewall, but I know a lot use Good's maps (I guess because they are pretty Good). Just google EQ maps and Brewall's should be the first hit. For fellowships, 3 is the minimum to place a campfire, but I think you can have any number in a fellowship (up to 12). If you're AAing/leveling, make sure to turn XP sharing off.

As for Alt-tabbing, I have no idea, too much button mashing for me lol.

@sch98319 forget Alt-tab boxing, MQ is SO much more. Watch the tutorial videos that Sic has made and start slow. Maybe even consider starting a new group from level 1 (I used RGMercs to automate) and have some fun just levelling and learning how to use MQ with a team. You can always add the BST in later:) and as suggested, just use free to play accounts for now.

Actual maps and all other kind of information can be found at Eqressources.
For my feeling Shd for boxing is the best tank, as he can fd pull in tight situations and seems the easiest char to keep aggro.
As healer a Shamy provides sufficient heal power and adds nive adps to the team.
A bard would add suppicient cc and more adps to a meele-centric team.
A Mage will offer an always available source of petweapons and nice dps to the team.

But at the end, choose what you would think will bring the most fun for you, almost any combination will be successful.

Question - Returning 79 Beastlord 3 to 4 box composition help--I don't know what I am doing anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back