• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Request for MobsToPull List (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
Is there a way that whoever is in charge of this section could modify it so that the puller will pull PHs and Nameds, before trash mobs? So the dilemma is this, if I put only Nameds and PHs into the MobsToPull line for a particular zone, we will undoubtedly run out of mobs and then sit idle while we wait for respawns. If I add trash mobs to the list of Nameds and PHs then there is no distinction between them and all will be pulled at roughly the same rate, which will put gaps of time between when PHs will spawn.

What I would like to see is something where the first section of the MobsToPull line will contain PHs and the 2nd half of the line will contain trash mobs to kill ONLY if ALL specified Nameds and PHs are down first.

It would look something like this:

[The Scorched Woods]
MezImmune=a burynai taskmaster,a burynai cenobite,a burynai earthstripper,a burynai prophet
MobsToPull=an ancient tatterback,Gullerback Undying>a moldering gorilla,a tottering gorilla,a tatterback ape

I used the > (greater-than symbol) as a separator for the Nameds / PH section, and the trash section. Any symbol could be used instead, whatever makes the most sense.

Anyway, is it possible to do something like this? I think it would be a great way to distinguish the Nameds and PHs from the trash and we can pull continuously without taking preference away from the Named and PH spawns.

Please consider it. Thanks, Sam

Interesting idea.

Consider this though, you start your puller, named is up but so is everything else, he beelines to the named, ignoring trash, since the priority is to get phs or named over trash.
now, your puller returns with a buncha mobs and we wiped.

It would take some very specialized highly intense and sophisticated coding to make it pull just enough trash and what not to secure a clean pull.

Now that being said, it still a good idea, since there are camps where you wouldn't care as you are able to handle a named plus 2 or 3 more adds.

[The Scorched Woods]
MezImmune=a burynai taskmaster,a burynai cenobite,a burynai earthstripper,a burynai prophet
MobsToPull=a moldering gorilla,a tottering gorilla,a tatterback ape
PriorityMobsToPull=an ancient tatterback,Gullerback Undying

Is probably how i would do it though. if any PHS or named is up, pull them, if not, pull from regular list.

i believe this is how kissmule handles it already.

Could add in the addition if any trash is closer to us than ph or named, pull those first to ensure a cleaner pull.

eqmule's KA mod has Named>trash built into pulling and as an ini variable (PullNamedsFirst=0) as kaen01 mentioned above.

It's included in Vanilla package as Kissassist1004e15.mac so you can use this to start it on a puller toon.
INI:
/mac Kissassist1004e15 puller

It will update that toon's ini with some extra info like the pulling options, bandolier and such. You can go back to 10.2.6 or KA11 though, the ini changes only matter when you run eqmule's version. I vary between them depending on the camp.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I already use PullNamedsFirst=1 as an option. I'm mainly concerned with the PHs since keeping them cleared in a timely manner will (hopefully) result in Nameds spawning sooner (or at least in the shortest time possible given random spawn chance).

Is the Kissassist1004e15 a custom EQMule version? I'll look into that next I guess since I'm currently using the standard Kissassist file.

Thanks again, Sam

The name was based on KA when he modded it, but since it's included in the Vanilla under that name and people have all made their startup hotkeys, the version # in the name just stays the same. Eqmule does keep it updated, but it won't always have every feature from the latest KA. So it's a trade off between which features you want on which toon. For pullers, eqmule's does have more options though KA11 will have directional pulling in the next 11 update per Maskoi.

Request - Request for MobsToPull List

Users who are viewing this thread

Back