• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Referencing Raid Group Leaders in MQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
372¢
Is there a way to reference the leader of a group within a raid? I want to make hotkeys to tell specific groups where to go or what mob to attack while keeping the command universal enough so I don't have to make specific hotkeys for each character's name.

The simple Answer is yes.
Check the datatype. It has a member for the raid leader.

If you JUST need to know who the raid leader is (you kind of mentioned groups earlier...) you can get the raid leader with:

${Raid.Leader}

(I think... I'm not in game atm, but I think that's correct'ish :)

Thanks, I think I found the answer Group 2 leader is ${Raid.Member[7]}. Group 3 leader is ${Raid.Member[13]} (I think), etc.
That is not accurate. The raid member numbers stay the same even after moved around. But you should be able to check the group number and group leader of that raid group

Thanks, I think I found the answer Group 2 leader is ${Raid.Member[7]}. Group 3 leader is ${Raid.Member[13]} (I think), etc.
That's super brittle. Instead of having a hot button with some Janky stuff, just make a teensy tiny Lua script and have the button linked to it. You can iterate over all the raid members in less than a second, and each raidmember object has a "GroupLeader" true/false flag.

I have no scripting experience, so I am stuck with what I can cobble together.
That's super brittle. Instead of having a hot button with some Janky stuff, just make a teensy tiny Lua script and have the button linked to it. You can iterate over all the raid members in less than a second, and each raidmember object has a "GroupLeader" true/false flag.

Question - Referencing Raid Group Leaders in MQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back