• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

rapid fire question... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
11¢
a few months ago, a buddy of mine used a combination of owlbear feather dart and a shuriken of the tranquil for insane damage through ranged attack, somehow it combined the damage from shuriken of the tranquil, and the delay of the owlbear feather dart. it was a macro of some sort, but i dont know how he did it, anyone here know of a plugin with such capabilities? or care to shed any light on how he was able to do it with out losing either the dart or the shuriken?

there is a plugin that takes advatege of the attack packets that are sent to the server. With thsi plugin a person in a matter of seconds (if used to its full ability) can do millions of damage. However using such a plugin is highly dangerous.

Not only is it very easy to tell if you are "hacking" if anyone see you but if you drop any of the mobs that Sony monitors it will be very easy to tell from the logs what is going on. There is also a rumor that using this plugin can actually corrupt your character files on the server so that when you log in even without the plugin on you will still do damage in this way, vertually making it so you can no longer play this character with any groups or raids etc... (not sure on that last part but I have seen people using this that I know are now banned and they didnt even go after big mobs)

If you know how to catch packets with a little work you can recreate this plugin but I would advise not to. If such a plugin where to go public then a major nerf would coma about that I am sure would cause a ripple effect to how we interface with the server and how MQ might be affected.

Someone did this on Legends a while back and a friend told me about it. He was a berserker and warped to the end of tipt. He proceeded to kill everything in the back area...once he cleared the entire area except for Jhiru, he began to use it on Jhiru. When the damage caught up with the server, all the attack messages went across the entire server. Every one on the server at that time saw his attack messages. This was later confirmed by 4 other people to have happened.

Needless to say, we never saw the berserker again.

rapid fire question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back