• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ranger / Camp / Pull Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Hello guys, I have a few questions again

1] How do I make my ranger opt to use a bow over melee?
I've tried putting my bow under DPS with syntax: bow item name|arrow name
Didn't work
Judging from other locations such as "Mez' "Rez" and other class specific information in the kissassist.ini for each character, I'm guessing that there should likely be a place for your rogue or ranger with 'Archery/Bow" and "Arrow" as an option, which I don't see anywhere - anyway these are just random guesses. I seem to do more damage with a bow then my melee, so I figure its best to stand back, pull with snare, then conitinue with archery for primary DPS

2] My enchanter is currently using group buffs for Clarity / Haste, so I've just simply put the spell name under Buffs, however it seems that my enchanter is not checking mercenaries, pets, nor the group for their buffs. Example; if he has the buff, he wont cast it - if a member dies and gets a res, he wont rebuff them, he doesn't check members for buffs, what am I doing wrong? Does it have to have single target to check everyone?

3] Mounts: Some zones don't allow mounts, and unfortunately my character keeps casting it over and over again even though it keeps erroring as 'not allowed indoors' I've used the mount name, and also tried mount name|Mount to see if it made a different, in the end I was forced to remove the mount spell from the buff list and /end, and restart kissassist for it to stop using the mount, but hwy have to keep trying to remove and add mounts to buff list? am I doing soething wrong, or is the kissassist incapable of realizing when it's castable in that particular area, or if its not? Any info is appreciated

4] When you use /macro kissassist and target a tank, and have a /kissassist puller, how does the character pulling know where to pull, and how does the other character with just /macro kissassist act as to the area its in, I notice it moves around whens fighting targets, or looting, does it try to keep itself in the original area then /kissassist was activated, or does it not care about where it ends up, or if it moves from original location?
I assume the puller trys to keep near the group member/members?

5] Camps, how do you set them up? Do you have to use a campfire to have kissassist centralize in a particular location? I've never had a campfire, and reading he manual seems like its needed, so I will be trying to do the quest in POK for the campfire today, any info on this would be appreciated

6] When I set my ranger, (or any class really) as a /kissassist puller, ive noticed (since im using chapterhouse for xp) Its having a hard time trying to run around and pull, since its more of a mazelike zone, its not really open flat land, so it seems to have trouble finding a clear visual on all mobs, what are my options to best situate my kissassist, if there is any way at all, to more successfully move around in chapterhouse and pull mobs. Im kind of guessing maybe then macro needs to have an idea of the zone map, or something, theres so many ways to go around the corners and pull, but it will just stand there and pull down or up the hallway, based on what it can see/target, any suggestions? This is really important to me, pls help =]

7] Finally, my last question is this; how many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop? lol

Wonderful bot, wonderful community, thanks for all the help guys
Free hookers, all on me, meet me in downtown los angeles!! :P

[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=behindonce
FaceMobOn=1
AutoFireOn=1

2. toons can only recognize toons out of group if they are using kiss and on the same computer. If using another macro use the kissbuffs.inc file

3 Kiss does recognize mounts and will turn them off when it cna't cast them. what version of kiss are you using?

4. puller always tries to return to spot macro was started. If you are using the camphere=1 toons will return to their spot otherwise they will stand where the fight ended

5 campfire has nothing to do with camps. Camp is the radius you set around the toon that recognize when a mob crosses it. check out the handy graphic.
http://www.redguides.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=5926

6. check out mq2navigation to better pull in any zone. http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/27144-Newbie-guide-to-using-MQ2Navigation

Thanks Maskoi!

Couple things tho, all 3 of my toons are on one laptop, running together, and still doesn't buff my characters that die with Clarity/Haste, does that sounds like something else is going on?

As far as KISS version, 20140313 is the version I'm using of Very Vanilla, I'm guessing that's what does the kiss installation, I'll definitely check out the MQ2 Navigation to see if I can improve pathing with that

Also, any news on new release that improves on a lot of the previous questions in the "enchanter & Banned" post I had? :))
Thanks Maskoi, wonderful program

Due to the amount of work in the new features, testing and debugging. I grossly underestimated the time required to program them.

My priorities were to

1.Fix as many of the bugs already reported as possible from Kiss 6.x.x
2.Rewrite the Healing code to improve performance
3.Increase ease of use in setup
4.Program the new features

This has lead to revised release schedule.
KissAssist 7.0 - Major Release will be released Monday 3/3/2014
KissAssist 7.1 - Maintenance release to fix any anticipated bugs from 7.0 will be released Friday, 3/14/2014
KissAssist 7.2 - Major Release with remaining new features will be released Friday, 3/28/2014
KissAssist 7.3 - Maintenance release to fix any anticipated bugs from 7.2 will be released Friday, 4/11/2014

http://www.redguides.com/community/...-Schedule-3-3-2014?highlight=release+schedule

I'm using 7.0.2 and the most recent Vanilla but I still get my mage continually trying to cast her mount when we're in indoor zones. I finally took it out of my INI file while in HoT Indoor zones. You get the message about can't summon indoors. I'd be very cool if we could cast the mount only outdoors, and cast an illusion clicky if we're indoors. I do that manually now.

Dethryn, sometimes they won't stop and buff if the puller is in progress. However, if you don't get them buffing after /mac kissassist before you start pulling, you may have to nudge the mac by clicking a buff yourself. That usually gets it going. It seems to have something to do with the mac checking for blocked buffs.

eqgeek try this. At the top of the macro add these to events.

Rich (BB code):
#Event  OutDoor         "#*#outdoors#*#"
#Event  OutDoor         "You can not summon a mount here."
and at the bottom of the macro add this

Rich (BB code):
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUB: Event Outdoor
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
 Sub Event_OutDoor
    /varset MountOn 0
/return
Put your mount back in and tell me if it fixes the issue.

It should try to summon it it once then turn it off. MQ2 doesn't know if you are inside or outside so it has to cast the mount at least once to determine it.

Did cast just once or was it looping?

Now that you say that, just once... however the message I see is actually "You can only cast this spell in the outdoors." So should I change that to:

Rich (BB code):
#Event  OutDoor         "You can only cast this spell in the outdoors."

That's how I had been doing it, but in a group sometimes the puller would pull into range... Also I've hit /endmac to try to get back away from the mob, but it won't END. keeps going until the mob dies... or ranger does :)

Maskoi, between the feign issues, and this buff issue with general buffs (checking other character buffs while on the same computer running same kissassist 7.0.2) and the mount buff indoor/outdoor issue, I hope you'll be adding these to your next repairs/modifications to future updates/versions of kissassist, it would be much easier for a dummy like me to wait for you to fix it on your end and patch on my end then to try to keep trying to add these codes and messing more things up :p any plans to add these to your future versions? I hope sometime not to far out in the future =]

I see where you're coming from Dethryn, but it's good to remember that KissAssist wasn't designed to handle every situation. It was designed to let you make lunch, go use the washroom, and generally be close by while you're xping.

I'm certainly not having the same issues you are. My toons recast buffs upon deaths, and seem to FD just fine (and get up if it fails), and generally work like they are supposed to.

You might may want to delete/uninstall MQ and Kissassist and reload it. Perhaps that will fix your issues (as it's a pretty failsafe way to ensure things are working or not, in any computer land).

I see where you're coming from Dethryn, but it's good to remember that KissAssist wasn't designed to handle every situation. It was designed to let you make lunch, go use the washroom, and generally be close by while you're xping.

I'm certainly not having the same issues you are. My toons recast buffs upon deaths, and seem to FD just fine (and get up if it fails), and generally work like they are supposed to.

You might may want to delete/uninstall MQ and Kissassist and reload it. Perhaps that will fix your issues (as it's a pretty failsafe way to ensure things are working or not, in any computer land).

While I understand where you're coming from as well, I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying. Bots are bots, they are designed to play the game without player intervention, at least a good bot is. I've been a big supporter of all MMO bots because I find they demand to much time and while I enjoy putting some time in, there's plenty of boring gameplay I find I can save myself by using these bots. Now, not to drift off to far from the point I'm trying to make; my questions, comments, and concerns are not very far off from a quality bots capabilities. I don't know if you've heard of HonorBuddy for World of Warcraft, it's absolutely the most quality and intelligent bot that's ever been created for any game. It plays better then most players, does quests, raids, and everything from A-Z flawlessly. I've found KissAssist to be slightly lacking in comparison to it, but not very much so - which is saying a lot, if you've actually tried HonorBuddy. I love kissassist, and I'll be a full supporter and donator to this project until the day it is no more. I think all my questions and concerns are not impossible for kissassist and MQ2 to use or implement, and the whole purpose of the bot is to be capable of doing all these things without us having to do them for it. You may use it safely by washing dishes and making lunch, I'm a bit more unsafe in that I use it a lot more and primarily for leveling purposes. My point is that you shouldn't take KissAssist for what it is and be satisfied with it and say it's not necessary or worth it doing anything more - this is a very, VERY quality macro system and it's capable of much more and every time they add to it and players like myself point out issues, or concerns - they get noted and hopefully patched into the next version. Meanwhile, I get suggestions, workarounds, or straight up my bubble bursts when it's something that's not possible.

I'm rambling, anyway - point is I love the bot, and I use it for much more then just semi afk, and I'd like it to be as strong and capable as possible, while I do agree it's not currently able to handle every single scenario possible currently, I do strongly believe it's capable and will eventually slowly but surely get improved and improved to the point where all these concerns get resolved and we get a grade A Robocop out of our EQ characters. :)

I should also mention, that's a great idea - I'll be deleting everything and reinstalling my kissassist/MQ2 and hopefully that'll resolve my issues. Thanks for that, probably should have done that yesterday. =]

Question - Ranger / Camp / Pull Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back