• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Range vs Melee Help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,584¢
Apologies if this is a noob question but I am using mq2moveutils and mq2melee and am wondering how to set up melee such that if the mob is within a certain distance my ranger will move to it and melee and if beyond that distance will range attack it. I have been messing around with mq2melee.ini, specifically stickrange= and range= but cannot seem to get what I am looking for. It wants to range the thing all the time until I get too close for bow to work then it switches to melee.

I am thinking I am just being dense because range= indicates it "Enables ranged attacks when target is at or beyond this range" however I can set that to 200 and it is still going to range attack the mob when I am only a few paces away from it. Here's mq2melee.ini as I have it now:

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
arrow=24493
bow=79864
disarm=0
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downflag3=1
downflag4=1
downflag5=1
downflag6=1
enrage=0
facing=1
harmtouch=0
infuriate=0
kick=0
melee=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
pothealover=60
range=150
resume=20
slam=0
standup=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=25
taunt=0
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Taelosian Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Taelosian Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 105945|Fingers
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Form of Defense IV].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Defense IV].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 105944|Fingers
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Maelin's Meditation].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Maelin's Meditation].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 105946|Waist
downshit4=/if (${Spell[Savage Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Savage Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 105936|Ear
downshit5=/if (${Spell[Vengeful Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Vengeful Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 105941|Back
holyshit1=/if (${Target.CurrentHPs}<65 && !${Ensnare}) /alt activate 219
stickcmd=!Front
version=4.950

Very confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back