• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Raidboxing 101 (1 Viewer)

If you have been thinking about raidboxing - then this might give you some insight as to the long long journey you are about to undertake.

Many many thanks to the people of RG who make it all possible.

Attachments

• RaidBoxing 101.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Depends on your gear...

There are 3 raids in Tov that I class as easy. Easy as in simple mechanics.

Griklor - similar to group mission. Drive with your MA - Have folks chasing you. The key is DO NOT MISS THE EMOTES. If you miss emotes, then more and more dervishes spawn, and then you spend more time on dervishes than on Griklor. Save burn till around 30.

Servant of the Sleeper - Ignore mechanics - Kill the Dragon - Kill adds - very simple - just takes a long time.

Restless assault - exactly the same as Group Mission - Just drive with MA, everyone on Chase. Easy but long.

Yup, I just happen to spend a chunk of my entertainment budget for the year on EQ to offset whatever I don't generate myself from the game so I can do it.

I still remember a couple of years ago doing raids on lockout timers during a 50% reduction, while working full time with a 90-240 min commute each day. All I am going to say is there was a lot of loyalty purchased Dragonscale glyphs that few weeks.

Been boxing raids for several years now , and one thing i can say is boxing raids is way different than 54 real people . you have to make audibles and alter a lot of things to get your bots to play nice. and a lot of times you have to think outside the box on a lot of stuff . so be sure to look at everything and plan accordingly , and take advantage of all the Lua's and events yamls you find on site , Plus brush up on your coding because you'll need to write a lot of stuff, and also take into consideration lag on whatever server you play on , timing a key component to get everything to work right , because on one of the servers i play on the server lag has a offset that will change everything ( found this out after playing on different severs i.e.- server lag was up to 10ish seconds different from 1 to another and it threw off all the scripts and they had to be reworked ) . good luck and don't get frustrated it takes a while to get everything lined up and its an ongoing thing. Ohh and got all NoS raids finished up the other night ..now on to vanquisher hopefully .

Been boxing raids for several years now , and one thing i can say is boxing raids is way different than 54 real people . you have to make audibles and alter a lot of things to get your bots to play nice. and a lot of times you have to think outside the box on a lot of stuff . so be sure to look at everything and plan accordingly , and take advantage of all the Lua's and events yamls you find on site , Plus brush up on your coding because you'll need to write a lot of stuff, and also take into consideration lag on whatever server you play on , timing a key component to get everything to work right , because on one of the servers i play on the server lag has a offset that will change everything ( found this out after playing on different severs i.e.- server lag was up to 10ish seconds different from 1 to another and it threw off all the scripts and they had to be reworked ) . good luck and don't get frustrated it takes a while to get everything lined up and its an ongoing thing. Ohh and got all NoS raids finished up the other night ..now on to vanquisher hopefully .
Wow, that's a great accomplishment to have all the current raids boxed too! Are all 54 of your army gold accounts or are some F2P?

All you would be doing by going F2P on raiding accounts is nerfing yourself painfully. Your type 5s.....stuck at tbm......your gear....about 3-4k hme lower per slot plus the massive drop from raid foci/raid weapons in dps output, your type 7s.....may as well just not exist, your heroics all lower because of the grp vs raid gear plus the lack of type 5/7/8 access.

All you would be doing by going F2P on raiding accounts is nerfing yourself painfully. Your type 5s.....stuck at tbm......your gear....about 3-4k hme lower per slot plus the massive drop from raid foci/raid weapons in dps output, your type 7s.....may as well just not exist, your heroics all lower because of the grp vs raid gear plus the lack of type 5/7/8 access.
/testcopy works wonders for just this problem :). bye bye prestige BS and hello sub free accts ... perfect for the player who wants to be left alone in there own little environment .... test server = best server

How are you controlling or automating multiple tanks with them just ripping stuff off eachother?
The majority of the time you dont need to worry about this. Who cares if the tanks are ripping agro from each other..as long as the casters aren't dieing.

Set your MT on the boss and have other tanks assisting your driver. they will switch with MA.

There are some mobs like Klandicar for example where your MT is on Kland, and you need 8 more tanks towards the end of the fight.
I just have each Tank can just run a little Lua to pickup a particular adds when they spawn.

nothing complex:

while true do

if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("Basnivan xtarhater")() > 0 then
target it
tank it
face away from raid omg

at the questions above yes 54 gold accts . and dekster i use chat's and sic's plugins . you can set the ranges really low like 10 feet and place them where you want once in position turn on tank mode and they will grab whatever gets near them but this includes the boss if you get it in range . you can then make a buncha buttons ( i use buttonmaster) to swap modes if you need to move them around and turn them back on, or you can use events , Lua's, yaml's , ect , the strat doesn't change just how you wanna go about it , i have heard tales of some off tank Lua's in my travels but have not gotten one myself. so good luck back to working on vanquisher only a few left to get

Grimlock

Guide - Raidboxing 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back