• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - questions about macros and fresh installs (1 Viewer)

AK_DRAG0N

RedCents
66¢
Ultimately, what I am looking for is a stripped down install where I get to pick and choose what installs. With the goal being where no toon twitches without a button push (or macro activation)

I like some of the features of VV has but some have me a bit twitchy even for being on a non live server. (yes I know about ISboxer this is easier to understand)

What is the best practice for getting a clean wipe before a fresh reinstall to get rid of the macros I installed. Or is there a cleanly remove the macros without breaking anything

Ultimately, what I am looking for is a stripped down install where I get to pick and choose what installs. With the goal being where no toon twitches without a button push (or macro activation)

I like some of the features of VV has but some have me a bit twitchy even for being on a non live server. (yes I know about ISboxer this is easier to understand)

What is the best practice for getting a clean wipe before a fresh reinstall to get rid of the macros I installed. Or is there a cleanly remove the macros without breaking anything
You can unload every plug-in except mq2ic (for current VV build). No macro runs without you launching it

You can check your plugin list (with a /plugin list) or use mq2pluginmanager (lol at the irony) to help you unload.

Most of the time when people ask this, it is because of mq2melee doing stuff.

/plugin name unload
This will change the macroquest2. Ini to =0 for that plugin, so it will no longer automatically load
example: /plugin mq2melee unload

Last edited:
Ultimately, what I am looking for is a stripped down install where I get to pick and choose what installs.
You can use the builder on macroquest2.com. The whole point of using Redguides is that the devs here package all the most popular things in one easy download so that the end user doesn't have to make those decisions. You obviously don't have to use everything in that package as almost everything can be disabled in some form or fashion. But if you are dead set on not even having extra plugins and macros residing on your machine, you are able to compile using EQMule's builder and limit the install to only the things you explicitly choose.

Just trying to keep as minimal of a footprint as possible despite being on <redacted> server

Yes, Sic... mq2melee was driving me nuts. I use my kick/bash to interrupt casters not have it go off as automatic damage

now to go through the list and see what I don't need, set up key binds, and to stay out of AFK while playing

i dont feel like running the complier myself, using the RG launcher is easy peasy and preferable. i also very much do not like all the additional plugins and macros that redownload every patch. i just made a bat file and leave it in my mq vvan folder. if i patch, i run that bat file and it just deletes all the extras i dont want.

im working on learning macros at the moment, and ive always got about 20ish macros in my folder with snippets of things im figuring out. having all those additional things in there is just way too busy for me!

Question - questions about macros and fresh installs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back