• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about the cheapest way to purchase heroic character (1 Viewer)

Trevallion

RedCents
17¢
Hi all,

I couldn't find a specific answer on this, as there are a lot of results related to the free HC's given away and threads from years past, so I apologize if this is something I overlooked.

I'm debating coming back to the game. I've purchased a sub here and logged in to my old accounts and I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around how to get started. I have been debating using some heroic characters to start out with, but at $35 a piece, this isn't a cheap option. I wanted to know if there is a cheaper alternative, whether through promotions, rmt with other players, etc. I did see a thread here about someone selling HC codes, but I couldn't find other information about that elsewhere.

Anyway, appreciate any info or strategies someone might have. I haven't played seriously since SoD, so I'm just trying to get a handle on how to start. Thanks.

Bought a heroic gift claim in game the other day for two krono, but it's the first one I seen for sale in a couple months and I snagged it up quick. ( I used it on an account that had all the expansions)
Thanks, that actually tells me quite a bit. Someone with your background would know if there was a consistently cheap way to pick these up. I guess I'll just start with my silver accounts and see if it's something I'm going to enjoy enough to stick with. Appreciate it!

Buying heroic toons are great if you already have some max characters since you can pop them into the group and have them participating with them in a week. But being gone since SoD a lot has changed and leveling is pretty quick now. 1‐70 flies by but slows down quite a bit after 70. If you were going to buy a heroic make a sk and run the hatchery macro to level up your crew. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/hatchery-mac.65248/
After you get them leveled you can delete the sk and make it another class to fit your groups needs.

Buying heroic toons are great if you already have some max characters since you can pop them into the group and have them participating with them in a week. But being gone since SoD a lot has changed and leveling is pretty quick now. 1‐70 flies by but slows down quite a bit after 70. If you were going to buy a heroic make a sk and run the hatchery macro to level up your crew. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/hatchery-mac.65248/
After you get them leveled you can delete the sk and make it another class to fit your groups needs.
Thanks for the heads up on the hatchery macro. I have a ghetto team of various misfits I can use, 85 sk, 85 bers, 85 shaman, 83 cleric, 85 monk, and an 85 war. I think I need to start over and build a team that makes sense for the long haul. I may end up just running 3 initially until I can figure out which end is up. I think the part I'm dreading the most is getting a working UI, lol. Anyway, thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Thanks for the heads up on the hatchery macro. I have a ghetto team of various misfits I can use, 85 sk, 85 bers, 85 shaman, 83 cleric, 85 monk, and an 85 war. I think I need to start over and build a team that makes sense for the long haul. I may end up just running 3 initially until I can figure out which end is up. I think the part I'm dreading the most is getting a working UI, lol. Anyway, thanks for the reply and suggestion.
actually if you prepurchase CoV (which u will prolly want anyway) its 32 with gold subscription and comes with a heroic char u can use right now

Where did you find that, on the site it show heroic toon is in the $90 and up packages.
/shrug, i bought the 35(32 as gold) for 3 of my accounts, and afterwrd they had a heroic that wasnt there. maybe it wasnt supposed to(no it wasnt listed on the site as getting it) but its there. hell i created the toons today. (2 of the accounts are 3 weeks old so had no heroics on them to begin with)

I've bought 17 standards and 1 premium, none of my $35 copies added a heroic. I believe there is a bug that occurs during the purchase of daybreak materials. I bought $45 of dbcash and I received a heroic toon with purchase so I assumed there was unannounced promotion or something so I purchased another $45 on another account and I only received the coins I believe this was about a month ago.

Question - Question about the cheapest way to purchase heroic character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back