• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about digital footprint and detectability (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,812¢
I saw this in the description for MQ2ChatWnd
Adds an additional window that displays all output from MacroQuest. In addition, anything you type into this window will avoid your character log, and is invisible to /petitions and /reports as well.

What is visible to /petitions and /reports, or server side admins? Should we be avoiding putting MQ2 commands on the game client hotbar and socials? I believe all that data is stored locally in .ini files for EQ, but if they have the ability to snoop on our UI or a ini file contents, that would be bad. What are some best practices for treading lightly and not leaving a digital footprint that can be easily detected? Is there a plugin that adds clickable/customizable buttons, similiar to the MQ2ChatWnd that hides from Gm tools?

There’s no anticheating software watching your file system or memory, but it is an inescapable fact that every action you do has to be sent to the game servers.

In truth you don’t need to see someone’s file system to tell they’re a bot, you can tell just from the time stamps of their commands. You might think you’re being clever by firing the second command on a random 3-7 second delay instead of 5, but all you’ve done is turn a spike pattern into a flat distribution where nothing happens outside 3 and 7 and between them each time is equally likely.

They already know you’re boxing/botting, your best method for reducing your footprint is to not be an asshole about it and ruin the game for other people, that’s what will get you banned.

I saw this in the description for MQ2ChatWnd

What is visible to /petitions and /reports, or server side admins? Should we be avoiding putting MQ2 commands on the game client hotbar and socials? I believe all that data is stored locally in .ini files for EQ, but if they have the ability to snoop on our UI or a ini file contents, that would be bad. What are some best practices for treading lightly and not leaving a digital footprint that can be easily detected? Is there a plugin that adds clickable/customizable buttons, similiar to the MQ2ChatWnd that hides from Gm tools?
you could use buttonmaster Lua thing, it has a billion possibilities. and buttons

There’s no anticheating software watching your file system or memory, but it is an inescapable fact that every action you do has to be sent to the game servers.

In truth you don’t need to see someone’s file system to tell they’re a bot, you can tell just from the time stamps of their commands. You might think you’re being clever by firing the second command on a random 3-7 second delay instead of 5, but all you’ve done is turn a spike pattern into a flat distribution where nothing happens outside 3 and 7 and between them each time is equally likely.

They already know you’re boxing/botting, your best method for reducing your footprint is to not be an asshole about it and ruin the game for other people, that’s what will get you banned.
Well the question was hotkeys and mq commands, which are hooked. So no. Eq doesn't see that you type /Mac kissassist

I'd this thread turns into ban/suspension tinfoil stuff it is getting merged into the mega thread

Question - Question about digital footprint and detectability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back