• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Question about Berserker axes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
Hey all, im struggling to figure out what the different throwing axes do as I level up my berserker. ZAM just says it summons blah blah axe. I think they fall into different categories but I can’t figure out how to figure it out! I just hit 70 with my zerker and I’m not interested in PLing. I want to play the content at my level, anyone able to help me understand theses axes?
thanks

At 115 you buy the most expensive axe materials available (masterwok, if I recall) from the zerker dude in pok library (and elsewhere, but I always use the library).

Knowing which components isn’t the issue. It’s when I get 2-3 new axe tomes in a 2 level span, which axe does what? Are they all independent of each other? There is no clear “this axe replaces that axe” information that I can find.

Hey all, im struggling to figure out what the different throwing axes do as I level up my berserker. ZAM just says it summons blah blah axe. I think they fall into different categories but I can’t figure out how to figure it out! I just hit 70 with my zerker and I’m not interested in PLing. I want to play the content at my level, anyone able to help me understand theses axes?
thanks

Which Axe Components do I get?
A. Basic Axe Components 1 - 29, Axe Components 30 - 54, Balanced Axe Components 55 - 95, Crafted Axe Components 96 - 100, Masterwork 100 - 115

so it isnt any ability that uses a lower lvl axe? you only use 1 component all the time? I was pretty sure I lost it somwhere along the way when I needed more than 1 component. Could be wrong though

so it isnt any ability that uses a lower lvl axe? you only use 1 component all the time? I was pretty sure I lost it somwhere along the way when I needed more than 1 component. Could be wrong though
some of the abilities require you to have them but don't consume them - the axes thing is pretty dumb and pretty unclear

i appreciate the quick Responses guys but I think the actual question is being missed. Components are not the challenge (at least for me in this thread)

my Berseker got the the following

65 - Deathfury Axe
65 - Tainted Axe of Hatred
66 - Axe of the Destroyer

All 3 use Balanced Axe Components

my question is what’s the difference? Nothing on ZAM really tells me anything about them. What older axe did they replace? When I ding 71 I get Axe if the Annihilator. It uses the same components. Does it replace one of the 3 I just listed? Or do I need 4 in my mix?

Just use cwtn's zerk plugin and you don't need to know what does what lol it does it all for you just do what Sum said and buy the right components for your level and the plugin will even tell you which ones you need/are missing :P

I'm not quite sure what you're asking The tainted ax is only used for ranged throwing which means you never need to use it The other 65 ax that remember right is used as a component which means you need to use basic or whatever the ax components are to summon it to use that as a component for your disks that repeats its cycle so you need some sort of ax components to summon axes that then use those axes as a component to use discs

i still remember the thread feel the burn (not sure that site still exists, some zerk site)
think william12 was a large contributor there
anyways ive mostly just upgraded that over the yrs

Just use cwtn's zerk plugin and you don't need to know what does what lol it does it all for you just do what Sum said and buy the right components for your level and the plugin will even tell you which ones you need/are missing :P
Unfortunately buying anything other than level 2 and EQWire are out of the question right now. Otherwise I would follow you advice.

Eqbeserker was the site and it's still around. Other than that I wouldn't hold more than a hundred axes on you at any time and as you progress through your levels as you get new acts summoning stuff most likely it'll be used as a component for something in one of your disc lines

Eqbeserker was the site and it's still around. Other than that I wouldn't hold more than a hundred axes on you at any time and as you progress through your levels as you get new acts summoning stuff most likely it'll be used as a component for something in one of your disc lines
Lol now you are confusing me more. All 3 axes I named are listed in my Combat Abilities. What do you mean that they are components for disc lines? i Assume you mean discipline lines but I’m not sure what that is when talking about berserkers.

imdont necessarily need a full understanding of the class, it’s just that I have make my own .ini since there are none from 70-100. Id like to be Efficient with them as I will be in that level range for likely a year or more.

The early level axe of summons a ranged throwing item it could be balanced basic mastercraft those are components The tainted axe even though it is summoned by the same skill set it is only for ranged. Now those are used in disciplines as a component so it takes one ax to do an ability.

The early level axe of summons a ranged throwing item it could be balanced basic mastercraft those are components The tainted axe even though it is summoned by the same skill set it is only for ranged. Now those are used in disciplines as a component so it takes one ax to do an ability.
Ok I have a bunch of maintenance and whatnot to do. I’ll play around with them later to see if I can figure out exactly what you are tellin me. Thanks for the input

Don't focus so much on "Axe" and assuming it means those discs are in the same line. Zerks have about 3 different disc lines that have the word "Axe" in them. Then there is the range throwing item that shares it's name with a disc that only exists to summon more throwing items. What I'm trying to say, is that you will be using all of those discs in the given level range.

So I summoned each of the 3 axes, put them in ranged slot and beat up some lowbie mobs.
Tainted Axe of Hatred said I was missing a component (rage axe). The other 2 fired off with no problems

so the other 2 are just throwing axes and I have to decide which I want to use. The Tainted though wants to use my volley. I got Destroyer’s Volley at 69 but melee and range keep defaulting to Rage Volley automatically. How do I adjust that? Mind you this is without any macros running. Once I figure it out there then I can try to get it to work with my KA ini

If you aren't using a macro for combat, what is causing Rage Volley to fire? MQ2Melee?
I don't know if MQ2Melee handles updating discs on the fly. I'd just log out, log back in and see if the higher level disc is being used.

If you don't want MQ2Melee to handle Volley (because you want KA to handle it), you will need to set ragevolley=0 in the MQ2Melee section of your character ini.
This will disable all Volleys not just Rage Volley.
To be clear, this is the ini in the root level of Redguides. It will be "server"_"character".ini without the quotes.

So in Discord last night Sic said it was mq2melee as well and told me to disable it in the ini. I did that, finished the ini and all was good. I then turned it back on and it started using destroyers volley like I wanted. I hadnt tested it using KA because I wanted it to work right normally first. I guess somehow mq2melee might have been hung on rage volley. Not sure, but all good on that now. Thanks all!

Mq2melee snapshots the discs at your level you run it at first, the what I did every 5 levels was empty the mq2melee section in the server_toonname file in the mq2 root folder and reload the plugin and it would update it for me. Also you can change the disc at any time by going to the server_toonname file and find the disc you want to change out and type out your new disc you want to use

Discussion - Question about Berserker axes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back