• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Puller stands and fights mob

luclinjunkie

RedCents
14¢
Hey guys, my puller will frequently engage the mob she is pulling. Any idea as to why she'd turn and fight? Like spins around and starts melee engaging.

luclinjunkie

RedCents
14¢
No, if I'm facing enemy and near it she will run at and engage. If I'm facing away most of the time she doesn't engage. Don't know what setting it is as I don't have her on kissassist macro.

RedCents
10,278¢
If it's active, this command will report your basic toggle settings:
/melee

It does that "lock on target" thing and to stop you have to drop target. The plugin automates a lot of combat stuff so it's fairly useful. When manually playing, I try to pull with a ranged item/spell, if it locks on a target I mash ESC while backing up until it releases then book it back to camp.

If you want you can make a hotkey to temp disable it:
/melee off

RedCents
774¢
As a side note, I also notice this happens to me when I set myself as pullertank, and not just puller. The puller will start solo-meleeing the mob away from camp, which usually results in death or me fighting the stick on the mob manually.

Mikey02

RedCents
140¢
Make sure your camp radius isn’t set too high, otherwise they’ll think they’re in camp still and starts whacking.

ctaylor22

RedCents
10,633¢
Check MeleeDistance as well. When the tank is standing at camp waiting on incoming mobs, that's the distance he checks before charging the mob.