• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - pulled mob freezes out of range (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I have seen this a few times in different Zones (Right now Fortress Mechanotus).

A pulled mob (that I see on my xtargets) stops coming toward me when they are out of range.
They do not attack or summon, they just sit there, and my puller stops.

I assume this is a bug in EQ, but is there a way to deal with it?
Has anyone else seen this?

It’s a bug i usually fd to clear it.
If you run myseq u can sometimes also see the mob actually mobing away or even get “warped” away.

The paranoid me thinks it’s a gm messing with my canp, but ive seen this happen too many times for it to be, so lets say it’s a bug for now.

I suppose it would be easy to add a check, if mob i pulled did not arrive at camp AND it’s on xtarget AND 100% hp, FD and pull something else. Or just pull something else...

If the puller came back to camp they may have been healed, or if you are not using a puller with FD, then this will not work, Right?.

I was thinking the group should travel to that mob, but maybe if it is in a specific range, that obviously does not work for the warped issue
I have also seen the teleport bug, but not as often.
It seems to only be in specific zones.

Maybe a wizard can use a group port, and then everyone uses the Fellowship to come back to the camp spot.

This happens in a lot of zones. On long pulls when running back to camp if you get to far away the mob will stop chasing you. I added some logic to the pull routine to walk my puller if the mob got farther than 300 units and start running again when they got closer.

@ctaylor22 That sounds reasonable, but I am not sure if that will solve this problem.

When I see this problem, I normally take my mage in and nuke the mob.
When I do this, the mob does not move or try to attack (Unless I get into range).

I have never seen a mob not attack when nuked. Normally most nuke spells range is well within 400 units. 400 units and greater is when you start to lose the mob from chasing you.

I've had this happen also, and the xtarget usually clears on its own. I added line to clear current target when this happens.

/if (${Target.ID} && ${Me.XTarget[1].ID} == 0 && ${Target.Distance} >= 500) /target clear

Question - pulled mob freezes out of range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back