• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 11pm EST

Question - Progressions (1 Viewer)

Sippi

RedCents
796¢
I've recently come back and embraced this multi boxing style of play. I've now leveled 3 groups from 1-115ish. I have my 3 groups and am looking to do some mini raids. I've looked back on some of the things that I haven't done for these toons and I realize that I haven't done any progressions or flagging for any of the toons. Will that matter long term? As long as I have one toon get flagged to be able to get whatever raid that I want, is it worth backtracking a bit and flagging everyone? I'm aware that it's some good experience to do it, and there are some AA skills that I'm missing out on, but overall is it worth going back and doing these for my toons? Thanks!
Sippi

Most modern raids don't require any progression or only on requester to get the raid. When you go further back, backflags become a non issue progressively as you go further back. However, as you go back a lot of older raids do require the requester to have the progression completed to request.

I've recently come back and embraced this multi boxing style of play. I've now leveled 3 groups from 1-115ish. I have my 3 groups and am looking to do some mini raids. I've looked back on some of the things that I haven't done for these toons and I realize that I haven't done any progressions or flagging for any of the toons. Will that matter long term? As long as I have one toon get flagged to be able to get whatever raid that I want, is it worth backtracking a bit and flagging everyone? I'm aware that it's some good experience to do it, and there are some AA skills that I'm missing out on, but overall is it worth going back and doing these for my toons? Thanks!
Sippi

not specifically for raid flagging, but you might want to look at progression on the xpansions that have the newer thing - progressive spells.. It started in TBM with dichotomics.. then TBL with dissidents, then CoV with composites, and then most recently in NoS with Ecliptics..

these are spells you can get in the bottom lvl of that xpac's lvl range (101, 106, 111, 116) and as you complete progression in those xpacs, unlock greater ranks of those spells/abilities.. I think you get 3 ranks usualy for completing group stuff, and then a couple more for raid stuff..

So thats only on the more modern expansions, and I think each newer one basically replaces the older.. the abilities in each one just a newer version of previous one.. in EQ style..

Question - Progressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back