• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Resolved - procedure entry point error codes after playing on test server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
So i played on test server on patch day and all was fine and dandy. Now that i am back on live i keep getting these error codes popping up with every toon that i log in:

The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Eskay.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Bst.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Monk.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2paladin.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2necro.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2necro.dll

I am guessing it is because i dont use those plugins on live but how do i rectify the issue of 6 error codes coming up for 12 toons each time i log in? I am sure it is user error and love your products!

Solution
So i played on test server on patch day and all was fine and dandy. Now that i am back on live i keep getting these error codes popping up with every toon that i log in:

The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Eskay.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Bst.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2Monk.dll
The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2paladin.dll...

The procedure entry point ?SetLocked@CXWind@eqlib@@UEAAX_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library \Macroquest\Plugins\MQ2paladin.dll

I am guessing it is because i dont use those plugins on live but how do i rectify the issue of 6 error codes coming up for 12 toons each time i log in? I am sure it is user error and love your products!
this means either a: you have old versions of the plugins in your install (as in you didn't properly download the update) or b: you put live files into your test folder or vice versa depending on the version you'
re trying to use.

based on your downloads it makes me think you tried to copy test files over to your live install - which you can't and shouldn't do, they don't work like that.

you will need to remove those test files from your live folder

here are your live downloads:
any plugin from test server that isn't updated from those, will you need to replace.

1682601169927.png

strongly recommended to use 2 different installs for test/live for several reasons (and since we're on the topic, please don't ever install MQ into your eq directory.

the rg launcher defaults different install locations so let it be happy

there are a few other previous conversations in/around the same thing

Last edited:
Solution

Remove all of those files from your live
\Macroquest\Plugins
folder.

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if anyone else is affected but since the last patch when loading up I keep getting errors for all the older CWTN plugins that I've had but are no longer subscribed.
Basically I get an error box pops up with the message "The procedure entry point EQADDR_SUBSCRIPTIONTYPE could not be located..... etc." and I have to push an ok button five times every time I load up a new instance of EQ (30 extra ok buttons to load up a group).
If I don't push the button, the loading is paused until I do.
Should I just go ahead and delete the offending files?
I never had any problems with expired plugins before, they don't load by default so I'm not sure what's changed.

Cheers

You should delete the dll if you don't plan to renew your license or this will continue to happen. They aren't synced with mq so are throwing errors about the difference.

You can always reinstall them if you decide to renew later.

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if anyone else is affected but since the last patch when loading up I keep getting errors for all the older CWTN plugins that I've had but are no longer subscribed.
Basically I get an error box pops up with the message "The procedure entry point EQADDR_SUBSCRIPTIONTYPE could not be located..... etc." and I have to push an ok button five times every time I load up a new instance of EQ (30 extra ok buttons to load up a group).
If I don't push the button, the loading is paused until I do.
Should I just go ahead and delete the offending files?
I never had any problems with expired plugins before, they don't load by default so I'm not sure what's changed.

Cheers
If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

just started back playing here recently and for some reason, when i launch EQ and RG I get a pop up and then periodically while playing my toons crash.

1698698298054.png

very confusing considering im not using a cleric or mq2cleric

just started back playing here recently and for some reason, when i launch EQ and RG I get a pop up and then periodically while playing my toons crash.

View attachment 52332

In case you don't know where the dll is, it will be under your plugins folder. If you don't have an MQ2cleric active license, but you had an old one, that error will pop up unless you delete it from you plugin folder. Same goes for any of the MQ2 class plugins when they expire.

View attachment 52332

-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:

-- your options are:
Thank you! I'll give that a shot. Not sure if that's whats causing me to crash but we will find out :)

Resolved - procedure entry point error codes after playing on test server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back