• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Procedure entry point could not be found mq2main / mq2plugin.dll etc (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
Hey all,

I returned from about a year break from the game. When I reloaded the launcher, I updated everything, and when I tried to launch the game through MQ2 I get this error. "The procedure entry point pTradeSkillDeptWnd could not be located in the dynamic link library". I have looked at previous threads with similar issues and tried the suggestions to fix the issue (redownloading MQ2, checking the ini file for plugins, and I verified my licenses are still valid for about another month). I am not sure where I should take my troubleshooting from here. I will attach a screenshot of the error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
image_2023-02-15_211456238.png

Solution
Welcome back!

did you install mq over your old mq2 install?

I would suggest having the launcher point to a fresh location and then re-install - you can migrate settings if you do that --- or just wipe out that entire install directory and then reinstall. you don't want any old lingering and potentially conflicting files

The options to fix this are as follows:

- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

if your error has to do with mq2main.dll:

the other big...
If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:

All my subs are up to date, they expire in april. I deleted the mq2enchanter.dll and re installed it and i am still getting the problem. My VV is up to date also. I never intalled anything in my EQ folder either. Do i need to delete all my plugins ?

Check your everquest directory for imgui-64.dll, mq2main.dll and eqlib.dll

if you found any of those, delete them, then delete the rest of your everquest directory, then reinstall everquest beacuse you installed MQ into your EQ dir.

All my subs are up to date, they expire in april. I deleted the mq2enchanter.dll and re installed it and i am still getting the problem. My VV is up to date also. I never intalled anything in my EQ folder either. Do i need to delete all my plugins ?
you are getting a mq2enchanter.dll error warning without the mq2enchanter file?

Check your everquest directory for imgui-64.dll, mq2main.dll and eqlib.dll

if you found any of those, delete them, then delete the rest of your everquest directory, then reinstall everquest beacuse you installed MQ into your EQ dir.
Brainiac I just check my EQ folder and none of these 3 files are in it. I mean ive been using Mq2 since april last year and didnt change anything to the way i do things and its the first time i encounter this error :/

I just purchased and installed CWTN mq2mage, mq2enchanter, and mq2cleric. When I try /plugin load mq2xxxx any of them I get the error in the attached picture. I extracted them into my plugin folder (file path and mq2mage.dll can be seen in the picture), watched and installed them from the RedGuides launcher, and have all of the other required software installed. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or haven't done? I found a previous thread about procedure entry point failures being due to outdated plugins but I just installed it and even verified it as up to date in the launcher so I'm not sure how mine could be outdated.

mq2mage error.JPG

Attachments

• mq2mage error.JPG
    mq2mage error.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
> Check this link <
-- your options are:

your MQ isn't updated.

1705857141301.png

you need to update the mq in your rg launcher then, go back to the plugins tab in the launcher, and hit refresh and reinstall, that should hopefully fix it.

> Check this link <
-- your options are:

your MQ isn't updated.

View attachment 56403

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting this error message when I load my 6 CWTN toons through the launcher. Would welcome suggestions on how to fix it:

View attachment 56462

Thanks,

Dysanor

> Check this link <
-- your options are:

Problem - Procedure entry point could not be found mq2main / mq2plugin.dll etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back