• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Problems with Unity (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,519¢
Now that the Unity mission is back I am farming augs but running into considerable problems.

Zerker refuses to engage. When I manually target a Commander and hit auto attack, it deselects the mob and refuses to fight. When I unload the plugin it works fine. The plugin is set to vorpal, mq2melee in unloaded.

Ranger refuses to engage with an otherwise working KA ini. Same story. Stop the macro and hit engage, he fires right up.

Mage refuses to engage, same as above.

The shaman, though, is engaging. He is slowing and dotting the Commanders.

I've set the MA and MT, toons are not invisible. I made sure of that.

Ideas?

Now that the Unity mission is back I am farming augs but running into considerable problems.

Zerker refuses to engage. When I manually target a Commander and hit auto attack, it deselects the mob and refuses to fight. When I unload the plugin it works fine. The plugin is set to vorpal, mq2melee in unloaded.

Ranger refuses to engage with an otherwise working KA ini. Same story. Stop the macro and hit engage, he fires right up.

Mage refuses to engage, same as above.

The shaman, though, is engaging. He is slowing and dotting the Commanders.

I've set the MA and MT, toons are not invisible. I made sure of that.

Ideas?
Please post cwtn plugin questions in the appropriate cwtn plugin discussion thread.

If you are deselecting it likely means you have switchwithma turned on and your ma is not targeting it, you would deselect it

Based on nothing working, it sounds like what I mentioned on discord

Please post cwtn plugin questions in the appropriate cwtn plugin discussion thread.

If you are deselecting it likely means you have switchwithma turned on and your ma is not targeting it, you would deselect it

Based on nothing working, it sounds like what I mentioned on discord

Only one of the three toons uses a CWTN plugin. The other two do not. So i posted once on this general help board. I'm not going to post the same problem in two separate places, that's foolish.

MA not targeting is wrong because my tank is MA and he is most definitely targeting the mob.

I have changed nothing in the ini or plugin and used this box crew last night. They dutifully slaughtered many bats in ME.

I suspect this is a zone issue. I did not have these problems with these toons in COV and TOV instances or zones or TOL last night. That's why I ask if anyone else is seeing anomilous behavior.

Only one of the three toons uses a CWTN plugin. The other two do not. So i posted once on this general help board. I'm not going to post the same problem in two separate places, that's foolish.

MA not targeting is wrong because my tank is MA and he is most definitely targeting the mob.

I have changed nothing in the ini or plugin and used this box crew last night. They dutifully slaughtered many bats in ME.

I suspect this is a zone issue. I did not have these problems with these toons in COV and TOV instances or zones or TOL last night. That's why I ask if anyone else is seeing anomilous behavior.
"Mq2berzerker isn't doing stuff" - you
"Please post mq2berzerker stuff in mq2berzerker thread" - me
"That's foolish" - you
"K" - me

The way we handle things in the plugins is differently than other automations, which is why I said the things I said. We won't fight players, and we won't assist on items, so you have to manually call them to assist on objects, but that is different than deselecting.

There is something wrong witih this zone. It's not the plugin, it's not the macro. I am running the mission now and my shaman will not do anything but slow and heal, even though the KA INI is specifically designed for DPS. No dots, no talisman. I have never seen such behavior out of this macro ever in any other zone, and I did the horn mission without a hitch.

Something is fucked up about the Blackburrow instance. I've never heard of multiple INIs previously working and suddenly malfunctioning in the same zone. Have you?

There is something wrong witih this zone. It's not the plugin, it's not the macro. I am running the mission now and my shaman will not do anything but slow and heal, even though the KA INI is specifically designed for DPS. No dots, no talisman. I have never seen such behavior out of this macro ever in any other zone, and I did the horn mission without a hitch.

Something is fucked up about the Blackburrow instance. I've never heard of multiple INIs previously working and suddenly malfunctioning in the same zone. Have you?
im having the same issue with the dinner party mission. Im gonna unload the pluggins and test with just KA. The healer heals and chanter only wants to mez everything even if its only one mob in camp.

im having the same issue with the dinner party mission. Im gonna unload the pluggins and test with just KA. The healer heals and chanter only wants to mez everything even if its only one mob in camp.
I've been doing the dinner party mission just fine with all classes.

I've been doing the dinner party mission just fine with all classes.
Thanks sic for the reply. Regrouped replaced the merc with my sk. Working now guess it was the tank merc causing the problem. Was having problems with the sk surviving the wurm grind so had to use my bards merc. Forgot to switch stuff back.

On further experimenting, I have found that if you start the macro and plugins and have not set MA and MT, it won't work, and not just that, it doesn't work if you restart them. You MUST set MA and MT BEFORE yuo start the macro and ini or it won't work even with a restart.

On further experimenting, I have found that if you start the macro and plugins and have not set MA and MT, it won't work, and not just that, it doesn't work if you restart them. You MUST set MA and MT BEFORE yuo start the macro and ini or it won't work even with a restart.
The cwtn plugins do not require setting anything "before starting them" just fyi

The plugins check for things everytime they pulse, that includes if an MA is set. If you set yourself to assist, it will go into assist, but if you don't have anyone assigned to assist it would not assist anyone.
Once you realize that is the issue, you can then set the group's MA, and the plugins would automatically recognize that there is now an MA set, and since they're already in the assist mode, they would then begin assisting. The caveat being that the MA may need to "retarget" the mob they are currently targeting. This is an issue with MQ (and or EQ) not setting who the MA's target is in the function we call from main if they already had that target at the time in situations where you died and got a rez, the CWTN Plugins would not know who the MA's target was and would need to retarget on the MA (Hit ESC, then click them in the XTarget window is the method I use, but would be a simple macro to do it as well.)

Beyond this nuance situation, there would be no reason that the MA being assigned would not allow you to grab the MA's target, and thus the information that determines if you should engage or not.

Long story short. You can set the MA before, during, after, inbetween, via macro, Lua, another plugin, etc. Doesn't matter when or how, so long as the MA is set. I cannot speak for any other utilities.

The plugins check for things everytime they pulse, that includes if an MA is set. If you set yourself to assist, it will go into assist, but if you don't have anyone assigned to assist it would not assist anyone.
Once you realize that is the issue, you can then set the group's MA, and the plugins would automatically recognize that there is now an MA set, and since they're already in the assist mode, they would then begin assisting. The caveat being that the MA may need to "retarget" the mob they are currently targeting. This is an issue with MQ (and or EQ) not setting who the MA's target is in the function we call from main if they already had that target at the time in situations where you died and got a rez, the CWTN Plugins would not know who the MA's target was and would need to retarget on the MA (Hit ESC, then click them in the XTarget window is the method I use, but would be a simple macro to do it as well.)

Beyond this nuance situation, there would be no reason that the MA being assigned would not allow you to grab the MA's target, and thus the information that determines if you should engage or not.

Long story short. You can set the MA before, during, after, inbetween, via macro, Lua, another plugin, etc. Doesn't matter when or how, so long as the MA is set. I cannot speak for any other utilities.

Confused Harry Potter GIF

One Dumbledore expression...5000 words

Problem - Problems with Unity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back