• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - problems logging in yet again (1 Viewer)

danjuh111

RedCents
460¢
i was logged on on all 6 of my toons and when i zones 2 of them crashed so when i tried to log those 2 back in they keep freezing at the character select screen now with and without mq2 running anyone have any idea as to why and how to fix it??? my other 4 toons will log in as normal its just those 2 i am having problems with

i was logged on on all 6 of my toons and when i zones 2 of them crashed so when i tried to log those 2 back in they keep freezing at the character select screen now with and without mq2 running anyone have any idea as to why and how to fix it??? my other 4 toons will log in as normal its just those 2 i am having problems with
with and without mq/mq2 is tough. This typically means something like a: your UI isn't updated and needs to be, or b: something happened with your UI settings files in your EQ directory, or c: eqclient.ini issue.

do you happen to have any crash .dmps from trying to connect when mq2 is loaded?

my first stop would be hitting the eq launch pad

then advanced tools
1632824408886.png
then validate game assets
1632824421041.png
then Validate button
1632824424914.png

and let that run and see if it updates any files

i did that and it said all files are up to date yet i was able to log them in after that thank you so much....i also have another question is there a way i can make it to where i dont have to reload the default ui when turning on the cwtn plugins??

i did that and it said all files are up to date yet i was able to log them in after that thank you so much....i also have another question is there a way i can make it to where i dont have to reload the default ui when turning on the cwtn plugins??
I run the cwtn plugins and i don't use a default ui.

I suspect you're confused about "reloading your ui" when you load the plugins for the first time.

once you already have the plugins set to load, you can just load in using your regular ui as usual.

if you load a plugin that uses an eq interface element specific to that plugin and are already "loaded in eq" you have to reload your ui with a /loadskin default or a /reloadui so eq knows to "hey load this .xml element" but you don't have to use default. I don't.

Question - problems logging in yet again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back