• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - premium plugins VS KA11 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
61¢
Hello Frens,

I am wondering about MQ2Berzerker, MQ2Cleric and so on. I am currently using KA11 with a bard, warrior, cleric, mage, berzerker. So I have watched Sic's videos on the matter and I was thinking about getting them. However, they are paid premium plugins and to get warrior, cleric and berzerker is about the same as all my eq accounts each month. So to the question.... Why buy these premium plugins ? Are they better then KA11 ? I am leaning towards getting them I just dont want to buy them and wind up not using them because the differences between the two and not significant enough. Any thoughts would be appreciated as they may aleive my indecision.

RedCents
458¢
I believe that you can ask Chat for a trial of these plugins, for one month.
They are also Free on the test server, so you can copy to the test server, and play around with them all you want.

RedCents
191¢
I would buy the BER plugin for sure. I think that will give you the most improvement vs KA. Personally, I would drive the warrior with KA and mq2melee off, but that’s just me.

I think you can get the same or similar performance from the cleric using KA.

So,
BER - yes
CLR - no
WAR - maybe, personal preference

This is just my opinion that I’m basing off reading other users evaluations. I’m sure other people can chime in that believe in all of the plugins efficacy.

RedCents
61¢
I would buy the BER plugin for sure. I think that will give you the most improvement vs KA. Personally, I would drive the warrior with KA and mq2melee off, but that’s just me.

I think you can get the same or similar performance from the cleric using KA.

So,
BER - yes
CLR - no
WAR - maybe, personal preference

This is just my opinion that I’m basing off reading other users evaluations. I’m sure other people can chime in that believe in all of the plugins efficacy.
This was my thinking as well thanks much

RedCents
61¢
I believe that you can ask Chat for a trial of these plugins, for one month.
They are also Free on the test server, so you can copy to the test server, and play around with them all you want.
No, i am not going to ask for a trial but free on test server would let me try them out and I had not thought of this. Much appreciated.

RedCents
455¢
I use both KA and CWTN's plugins. The Berserker plugin is flawless and fantastic. Well worth the money, though I do not have a KA .ini to compare it to.

I have used KA for my cleric, and it works fantastic. However, I also paid for, and frequently use, the CWTN plugin for Clerics. It's powerful, and equally as capable as KA. I may be in a different boat, but for the price of the plugin, it's a no brainer for me to have both ready and available.

RedCents
236¢
I have bought Berz and War, I played around a lot with CLr and Bst when they were in developent.
- For my style, Berz is fantastic and much better than I can configure any .ini for my Berzerker, which I never had one until I saw DPS that was posted. I love the new Zerker I have and he has become a mainstay in my main group now (makes my necro very sad though to sit out of group /cry).

- For War, I use when I like to do send around Hunter style or a set camp with simple needs, it works very well, but on occassion I did have some return to camp issues. So i play him Manual or KA many times too. I still don;t think my .ini is as good as the War plugin.

-Bst felt very similar to me as Berz, did a WHOLE lot more than I had my .ini doing. I do not have this paid, due to finances and I don't use my Bst as much as I'd like

-Clr , I never had a lot of good luck with, to be fair it was still being worked on and I'm sure its a LOT better than when I tested. I am ok with my current .ini, so use KA

I have never tried @ChatWithThisName other plgins like Rog, EsKay Monk or the upcoming Ench but I beleive they work well for a lot of uses. If I could afford them all I woud likely get them all and use them the same way I do now, on for some things mixed or off at times.

RedCents
87¢
I am using Berzerker, Warrior, and Rogue Plugins and believe they are worth every cent. But when it comes to spellcasters - I find the flexibility of KA much better.

RedCents
61¢
I gave it a try on test. I decided to go and get the zerker and warrior plugin they are working out well so far. The berzerker plugin is pretty amazing it was well worth the 20 bucks, warrior plugin is less so but still worth buying. thanks all for the responses.

Zeeeeeee

RedCents
195¢
I am using Berzerker, Warrior, and Rogue Plugins and believe they are worth every cent. But when it comes to spellcasters - I find the flexibility of KA much better.
Does the rogue do a lot more dps on CWTN plugin? i was very sad of seeing his poor dps in groups

RedCents
410¢
I have used the Rogue one for a bit, and it does a great job with Dps. I also currently use Eskay, Monk, Cleric, Zerker, and Bst plug-ins. They are all worth the money that I have spent on them. I would, however, if you use more than one plug-in. I would advise watching Sic's moving my group around video and check out his hot-button section. It's most impressive and will make your life a little easier.

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
1,248¢
I use all of my plugins, and like them all, even the ones in development. ;)

Me and Sic are open to suggestions that are both feasible and that will likely be something that can be used to improve general content gameplay as well as trying to add some random features along the way.

While we do have plugins that are considered complete, it's always possible that there is room for improvements to them, and we do constantly add features to all of the plugins that fit for all classes to have them.

There are a few things that stand out as positives for the CWTN plugins as a whole, and aren't class restricted.
Examples:
Class windows - The windows have become a feature of the CWTN Plugins that a lot of people have really anchored to and voiced that they enjoy about the plugins.

Simplicity - The effort required to get started involves loading the plugin and changing your mode to one that suites your situation. But still has various things that can be added to allow minimal customization, suck as the Addclicky option for various types of clickies. There is no INI setup every time you upgrade an ability, we detect tome/spell scroll usage and update the spell lineups automatically.

Missing spells/abilities - I don't know of anything else currently that informs you when you're missing things you should have. All the CWTN plugins can output what you're missing that the plugin would use if you had it.

Support - For live servers we try to make corrections to errors in the code as soon as the error is identified, and if within reason try to push that out as soon as possible to limit the amount of time a user is inconvenienced.

PullArc - The PullArc for CWTN plugins is visible on the ingame map with layer 3 visible. The PullArc can be used for all pull modes, including hunter.

Circles - The circles for camp, pullradius, and pullability range are all shown on the map. The camp and pullradius circles are stationary, so they don't move when you do.

Target Locking - CWTN Plugins don't lock you to a specific target unless you have SwitchWithMA turned on. So once combat starts you can always click on another mob to begin attacking it instead of your current target. If you clear your target in assist mode, or turn off attack however it will check to see if there is a target it can assist the MA with and regain that as a target.

Breaking invis - CWTN Plugins are specifically designed not to break invis unless you have a camp set. So traveling with the plugins active will reduce the likely hood that you break invis. Note: MQ2Cleric won't heal people if they are invis and do not have a camp set. You'll want a /bcga //makemevisible hotkey.

Cost - If broken down to monthly cost, it's $1.67 ($20 / 12 rounded up 1 cent) per month per plugin. So a full group using 6 plugins is $10.00 ($120 / 12) a month. This would be assuming you were using one plugin for each character in the group and no two characters were the same class. If you're using what's available now you could get a Tank, a Healer, and 3 of the same class DPS for $5 (20 x 3 / 12) a month. Of course, there are more ideal group makeup's available. So let's look at SK/Clr/Enc/Bst/Zerk/Zerk once Enchanter is available that'd set you back $8.33 (20 x 5 / 12) a month.

There are some things that may make it so you'd prefer to use something else.
Examples:
Customization - There is pretty limited customization options when it comes to a lot of things. Combat routines can't be adjusted with the exception of some of the various "Toggles" available per class. Other than that, the order things are used, and in what situations they are used are hard coded. It's possible for what you want that you need another option to be made available to you, such as KA.

No - Sometimes I say no to adding things. When I originally created MQ2BerZerker (The first plugin in the series) I didn't foresee the plugins getting near the amount of options they have now. Sometimes I don't agree about a potential feature request and may say no to adding one requested. To some degree it's because I either feel that it's not necessary because you can achieve the result you're requesting through another method. Other times I feel it would cause more confusion than it would a benefit. This isn't always the case, there have been times I've said no to feature request, and later decided to add a feature due to popular demand. If you can articulate the need for a feature and it's reasonable to do so I'll get them added to the todo list. I still have 9 classes to go however, so keep in mind that it takes away from development time to add more features and new stuff adding to existing plugins can take time.

Money - It does cost money, and because of that, it tends to be the last option considered for some people. The cost may concern users when there are freely available macros that have a reasonable list of options available. This is one of the reasons I've decided to make it available on the test server. This gives users complete access to all of my plugins available on live to test to their hearts content, or use forever for free if they choose test as their home.

MQ2Melee - MQ2Melee has conflicting behavior with the CWTN Plugins. This applies to sticking and what abilities to use in what order. Those two conflicts were the bane of support threads early on and ultimately I felt it was necessary to simply prevent the plugin from being used while a CWTN plugin was active on a class for that plugin. So holy/down won't operate.

Campfire - It's on my todo list. But currently the plugin won't use Fellowship registration insignia to return to a campfire on a death.

Out of group - Characters won't assist out of group, with the exception that the cleric will heal from out of group using XTarget healing (can be toggled on and off). There is a raid mode however, that will assist the RaidAssist.

While I see that you've already made a purchase, I feel this thread might be useful for others considering it.

Last edited:
RedCents
61¢
I use all of my plugins, and like them all, even the ones in development. ;)

Me and Sic are open to suggestions that are both feasible and that will likely be something that can be used to improve general content gameplay as well as trying to add some random features along the way.

While we do have plugins that are considered complete, it's always possible that there is room for improvements to them, and we do constantly add features to all of the plugins that fit for all classes to have them.

There are a few things that stand out as positives for the CWTN plugins as a whole, and aren't class restricted.
Examples:
Class windows - The windows have become a feature of the CWTN Plugins that a lot of people have really anchored to and voiced that they enjoy about the plugins.

Simplicity - The effort required to get started involves loading the plugin and changing your mode to one that suites your situation. But still has various things that can be added to allow minimal customization, suck as the Addclicky option for various types of clickies. There is no INI setup every time you upgrade an ability, we detect tome/spell scroll usage and update the spell lineups automatically.

Missing spells/abilities - I don't know of anything else currently that informs you when you're missing things you should have. All the CWTN plugins can output what you're missing that the plugin would use if you had it.

Support - For live servers we try to make corrections to errors in the code as soon as the error is identified, and if within reason try to push that out as soon as possible to limit the amount of time a user is inconvenienced.

PullArc - The PullArc for CWTN plugins is visible on the ingame map with layer 3 visible. The PullArc can be used for all pull modes, including hunter.

Circles - The circles for camp, pullradius, and pullability range are all shown on the map. The camp and pullradius circles are stationary, so they don't move when you do.

Target Locking - CWTN Plugins don't lock you to a specific target unless you have SwitchWithMA turned on. So once combat starts you can always click on another mob to begin attacking it instead of your current target. If you clear your target in assist mode, or turn off attack however it will check to see if there is a target it can assist the MA with and regain that as a target.

Breaking invis - CWTN Plugins are specifically designed not to break invis unless you have a camp set. So traveling with the plugins active will reduce the likely hood that you break invis. Note: MQ2Cleric won't heal people if they are invis and do not have a camp set. You'll want a /bcga //makemevisible hotkey.

Cost - If broken down to monthly cost, it's $1.67 ($20 / 12 rounded up 1 cent) per month per plugin. So a full group using 6 plugins is $10.00 ($120 / 12) a month. This would be assuming you were using one plugin for each character in the group and no two characters were the same class. If you're using what's available now you could get a Tank, a Healer, and 3 of the same class DPS for $5 (20 x 3 / 12) a month. Of course, there are more ideal group makeup's available. So let's look at SK/Clr/Enc/Bst/Zerk/Zerk once Enchanter is available that'd set you back $8.33 (20 x 5 / 12) a month.

There are some things that may make it so you'd prefer to use something else.
Examples:
Customization - There is pretty limited customization options when it comes to a lot of things. Combat routines can't be adjusted with the exception of some of the various "Toggles" available per class. Other than that, the order things are used, and in what situations they are used are hard coded. It's possible for what you want that you need another option to be made available to you, such as KA.

No - Sometimes I say no to adding things. When I originally created MQ2BerZerker (The first plugin in the series) I didn't foresee the plugins getting near the amount of options they have now. Sometimes I don't agree about a potential feature request and may say no to adding one requested. To some degree it's because I either feel that it's not necessary because you can achieve the result you're requesting through another method. Other times I feel it would cause more confusion than it would a benefit. This isn't always the case, there have been times I've said no to feature request, and later decided to add a feature due to popular demand. If you can articulate the need for a feature and it's reasonable to do so I'll get them added to the todo list. I still have 9 classes to go however, so keep in mind that it takes away from development time to add more features and new stuff adding to existing plugins can take time.

Money - It does cost money, and because of that, it tends to be the last option considered for some people. The cost may concern users when there are freely available macros that have a reasonable list of options available. This is one of the reasons I've decided to make it available on the test server. This gives users complete access to all of my plugins available on live to test to their hearts content, or use forever for free if they choose test as their home.

MQ2Melee - MQ2Melee has conflicting behavior with the CWTN Plugins. This applies to sticking and what abilities to use in what order. Those two conflicts were the bane of support threads early on and ultimately I felt it was necessary to simply prevent the plugin from being used while a CWTN plugin was active on a class for that plugin. So holy/down won't operate.

Campfire - It's on my todo list. But currently the plugin won't use Fellowship registration insignia to return to a campfire on a death.

Out of group - Characters won't assist out of group, with the exception that the cleric will heal from out of group using XTarget healing (can be toggled on and off). There is a raid mode however, that will assist the RaidAssist.

While I see that you've already made a purchase, I feel this thread might be useful for others considering it.
Wonderful post. Im glad this info has a home in the forums for others who wonder the same things i did. EDIT: fantastic job on these plugins and looking forward to maybe bard mage and shaman =)

Last edited:
RedCents
91¢
I use SK and CLR from CWTN. Love both of them. As for the price its very fair. I am a father of 2 small children and setting up and getting the ini for my toons can take me days because I am limited with time. I enjoy playing eq and they allow me to jump in and just play. The class windows make it very easy to set up and start playing. However I do play 4 other toons with KA that do very well but I do not think they are on par with the plugins because I dont spend a lot of time setting them up. Normally grab something from the ini library and try to mod it to my needs. Sic's bard is excellent FYI. KA requires time to set up and learn and adjust for your play style.

Sum1

Diehard is a christmas movie
RedCents
3,460¢
For your cleric, you should try running MQ2heals with a kissassist.ini with the healing stuff turned off. I’ve found mq2heals does a great job healing, is faster than just kissassist, and it’s included in VV. I haven’t tried CWTN’s warrior plugin, so I can’t comment on that. I do use (religiously) his MQ2BerZerker plugin, though, and really like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)