• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Plugin/macro to give all pets in pet heavy group pet gear? (1 Viewer)

DadBod

RedCents
1,238¢
Hi all,

I drive with my mage (main toon) in a pet heavy group (SK BRD SHM BST ENC MAG).

I would like to have a tool that I can activate when needed, that gives full set of pet gear to all pets in party, and swords to mage pet.

I need it to be simple and robust, so that it can handle exceptions fairly well, and easy to setup.

I will use it for example when logging in, after a character or pet death, or a wipe. I don’t expect to have it running during

Idealy it would function at different levels.

Thanks in advance

Are you running Kissassist in manual mode on your mage?

There is a command which will do exactly what you need.

/bct magename //pettoysplz GROUP - Pet toys: ability to request pettoys for all group's pets.

You can send the tell from your SK etc and the mage will give everyone some gear.

I need the tool to run on command, what you suggest sounds like it does just that. I don’t run KA actively on my mage at the moment, but I could hotbutton that if needed, or run in Manual.

What I do need is it to be robust and handle different states, for example if a pet already has a given item, that it can handle that without looping infinitely, or messing up the tools representation of who has what. I have not been competent (when I started a few weeks ago) to use that functionality on my own pet, either it ended up doing nothing or looping, but perhaps it was because of the automation it broke.

Also I need it to be able to handle giving all summoned gear slots: belt, mask, jewelry, armor, weapons

ideally I can do it with a single button, so that I can go make a cup of coffey while the party recuperates :-). One button per toon is also fine, with the /bct m pettoyscommand, if it is doing all the item locations 😊

also key that each item slot is given to the pet, not merely giving the pet owner a bag...

perhaps I can make the routine more robust by starting with killing the pet and summoning a new, if the robust-criteria is untealistic 😊

Also want to mention that I have static pet names, if that is important...

Last edited:
Using Kissasssist, but it still has no way, to check, if the target is a mage-pet (only weapon and maybe some of the jewelery) or one of the other pets, which would like all possible petgear. So you (and all surrounding player) either would have to enure all the messages 'sorry master I have no need for xxxx' orelse reduce your ini to only handout weapons and distibuting all the other stuff manually.

if using RGMERCS, just run the command /rg DoGroupToys 1 on your mage. He'll hand out pet toys to all the pets in your group.
This is how I do it with my mage. It takes a while because he does give item, trade, give item, trade and so on 1 by 1. I have a mage pet, SK pet and shaman pet and it takes a while to hear them up. AND RGMerc doesn’t give them haste masks I just realized yesterday.

I know someone wrote a new kiss subroutine that speeds it up.

This was working well, but seems to be broken now. It appears that the summoned Items has changed more to the same as Spells clicky's. Anyway, the item doesn't get deleted and ultimately ends up crashing the client. 8(

Have you tried the PetToys macro -
Not sure if it works with lvl 121+ as I've not got the new expansion.

Question - Plugin/macro to give all pets in pet heavy group pet gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back